66 dart 440 rad hoses ?

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
I need suggestions on a car to have the parts guy to look up. the upper and lower hoses ...I tried a 77 newyorker with a 440 ....not even close

In 1968 mopar made a 383 dart. just use those hoses.

I always ended up with the lame flex one. You can make one with a stainless tube with rubber elbow ends...

If the inlet on the lower part of the radiator is on the drivers side then try a Goodyear radiator hose part number 60659, its an excellent fit.

Dennis

I took rough measurements of what I needed for my 440 demon. In the back of the parts books for the hoses is a picture library with lengths, bends and sizes. Both dayco, gates have the diagrams. Took all of 5 minutes to find what I needed. Upper is from a chebby celebribity that needed to have one end cut off. Lower was from a 1/2 ton dodge. Find a good parts guy and spend some time.

Kenny B

I'm using a Continental Elite 60664 with my 22" 4 core Champion in my 71 swinger 440. Had to put in on backwards and cut like an inch or two off the end that went on the thermostat housing.

next time just use a cut up old clothes hangar or piece of stiff wire. bend it to where it fits with the shape you want. find auto parts store that will let you go down the rack and test fit hanger till you find what will work.

next time just use a cut up old clothes hangar or piece of stiff wire. bend it to where it fits with the shape you want. find auto parts store that will let you go down the rack and test fit hanger till you find what will work.

x2. Go look for one that has the bends and sizing you need. You'd be amazed at what might work...lol.

-
Back