66 dart gt

-

pyrojim

Reaction score
Help!! Putting things together, does the steering column need grounded? If so, where? Any help is appreciated! Automatic, console shift car!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 106
I think it grounds through the dash and firewall. It's been a few years since I had my column out....... Nice car.. Need to see more pics. tmm

This is my first try, got bored I guess. Kurt and a host of others have been a great source of knowledge and encouragement. I'm pretty happy the way it's turning out. Hope to have it on the road soon!
Jim

66 Down cars just ground through the column brackets. 67-up with collapsible column use a ground wire from the column to dash frame.

Help!! Putting things together, does the steering column need grounded? If so, where? Any help is appreciated! Automatic, console shift car!

Jim I don't think it is grounded hmmm there is a rubber sleeve that goes in the bracket that holds the column and the dash up. The only place I do think it is grounded is the steering shaft to the gearbox for sure.
View attachment !!!!!stering column DSCF2039.jpg

it looks like either this is the ground or there is a ground wire in the harness to the turn signal switch .. I'd have to look to make sure.
View attachment !!!!!shaft.jpg

it yeah it does look GOOD!

if you don't have the insulator tube then a 26" bicycle inner tube fits
good (not the 10 speed the regular bike)
in the blowup you can see the rubber isolator that goes in the clamped section

View attachment !!!!!!steering column blowup.jpg

-
Back