66 Dart Owners thread

-
Picked up a 1966 Dart and in the later stages of putting in a '94 360 Magnum with the EFI followed by an A500. Running an 8 3/4 rear end with 3.23 gears. Using spitfire headers with dual exhaust and an x pipe. '74 Dart discs on the front. Have -almost - everything done - completely new interior - everything all nice and shiny - just waiting on the wiring. My 17 yo son has it at the vo-tech and they're trying to figure it out. Anyone have some advice on how/what to connect in the wiring. Dash is out of a 1966 Barracuda - lots more chrome but same basic wiring as the Dart. I have all the wiring out of the donor vehicle etc.. Just need some advice to get this on the road!!!

How easy was converting those '74 front discs?

I just found the chip chart: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/paintChipCharts/_1966PaintChipCharts-01.shtml?load_img=5

Looks like GG1. Bogie, that LL1 is a cool color. I haven't seen too many Darts that color.

Thanks Toolman one day it will be factory color again currently sporting a Krylon flat black over what looked to be a late 70's white repaint to fix a replaced drivers door & rocker damage. I still have a little floor pan work to do (frame connectors) then I will be replacing the rocker and repairing the wheel wells then hopefully repaint, Suspension and drivetrain have all been done.

I've only seen a couple in photos and one in the flesh! tmm

Attachments

• tmpphpiIzyFF.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 727
  • !BTPIm3gBGk~$(KGrHgoOKkUEjlLmVks,BKHYGZTseQ~~_3.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 730
Cool, I was going to paint my wagon 1970 b5 blue and now I'm almost convinced to go back to the original Mauve. Just makes it that much more unusual when I beat those Chevys.. :D

Newbie here just joined, as I just picked up a '66 GT (luv it sofar)

Attachments

• dart1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 697
WOW! Looks nice! Silver with red guts. I don't think I've ever seen one. Fill us in on the details and more photos please. tmm

WOW! Looks nice! Silver with red guts. I don't think I've ever seen one. Fill us in on the details and more photos please. tmm

The car has been fully restored nothing left out out or missed. It has been upgraded to the D Spec. 273 4 speed with MSD EFI system. Runs great at about 310hp.

Attachments

• DSC00025.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 673
  • DSC00024.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 694
  • DSC00021.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 676
  • DSC00018.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 710
  • DSC00016.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 708
  • DSC00014.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 696
  • DSC00010.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 694
Still has the original certigaurd card on the inside passenger fender well from the orignal buyer in Idaho in 1966.

VERY nice Dart! Looks like it's pretty much original except for a few bling items. Speaking of bling, are those 14x7 SS's on the back and 14x6's on the front? Nice stance and tire size combo. That makes all the difference in how these early A's look. How did you find out about FABO? Welcome. toolmanmike

here's a good one.

On my 66 dart I have put in a 8.75 rear and looking to see if anyone knows what the biggest size tire is that I can fit back there. I am hoping for a 275/50/15 BF Goodrich Drag Radial TA. Any thoughts if this will fit?

Thanks

Might fit, probably rub. I have 3/4" mopar spring relocation and a narrowed b body rear housing and a 255 fits good. Hooks good enough for 1.62 60' times with m/t drag radials.

here's a good one.

On my 66 dart I have put in a 8.75 rear and looking to see if anyone knows what the biggest size tire is that I can fit back there. I am hoping for a 275/50/15 BF Goodrich Drag Radial TA. Any thoughts if this will fit?

Thanks
.................................................................................................
Without modifying the opening or jacking the car way up in the air, there's no way.

I have a '66 with an A body 8.75, with 15x8 wheels. I had Road Hugger 245/60-15 then I put 235/60-15 BF drag radials on it. The wheel wells needed to be rolled(beat with a hammer) to have a better fit. With that being said, you can't get a finger in between the tire and wheel well on the right side. I was happy with size and fit with both sizes.

I run 15x7 weld wheels with 4.5 inches back spacing and 255/60/15 m/t drag radials on my 66 Dart. The springs and wheel tubs are in the stock location and I have a dana 60 narrowed to the stock A body 8 3/4 width and cal-trac mono leafs springs set up 1 inch lower than stock. Tires fit perfect with no rubbing any where. Tried a set of 275/60/15 on same wheels but the tires rubbed on turns and bumps, were only good for strait lines like the drag strip.

Here is ours. Purchase from original owner. 6 cylinder 3 speed on column.

Attachments

• 041.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 618
That's a dandy! Not too many 66 drop tops out there. It looks to be in real nice shape! How many miles? Have you had it long? tmm

That's a dandy! Not too many 66 drop tops out there. It looks to be in real nice shape! How many miles? Have you had it long? tmm

My son picked it up last month. It was owned by a 96 year old lady. She had decided she was getting too old to drive and a friend of mine had told me she was thinking about selling the car. This was her only car since new and she put all the miles on. It just turned 100k. She wasnt married so had no one that she was leaving the car to. The car has original bill of sale from the dealer, Original book (in new condition) and the card on the fender well. If there is a build sheet I have to find it yet. How many convertibles were built in 66??

Somewhere I have production figures. I'll see if I can find the file. tmm

-
Back