66 Valiant convertible ... VH27B62558645

-

flynlady

Reaction score
Build sheet, fender tag, everything is gone!!! Would love to find the history of the little car.

Thanks!

you can do a DMV search ....here in Colorado the only way you can do a past owner search is if its your car....or if you get it vin inspected ....but its your car so if its like here they can do a previous owner search....here they charge $2.20 for each record they pull up so if there were a ton of previous owners then it adds up.....but it is sooooo interesting what comes up.

we did that on two cars so here so far a 71 demon and my dad's 69 cuda.

the cuda was boring bcoz he bought it in 72 so there was only one previous owner.

the demon was cool bcoz we followed its history from new, Starting in west Texas, it made a gradual migration north through new mexico up to Colorado to me as the current registration LOL.

interesting stuff.

BTW ....some cars never had build sheets .....Los Angeles built cars are widely known as cars that do not have build sheets ....that plant had a policy to throw them away and not "litter" the car up with them.

they saw the build sheet as needed by the assembler only and didnt count on the idea that 40 years later ppl would actually still want these cars and be restoring them lol.

you can do a DMV search ....here in Colorado the only way you can do a past owner search is if its your car....or if you get it vin inspected ....but its your car so if its like here they can do a previous owner search....here they charge $2.20 for each record they pull up so if there were a ton of previous owners then it adds up.....but it is sooooo interesting what comes up.

we did that on two cars so here so far a 71 demon and my dad's 69 cuda.

the cuda was boring bcoz he bought it in 72 so there was only one previous owner.

the demon was cool bcoz we followed its history from new, Starting in west Texas, it made a gradual migration north through new mexico up to Colorado to me as the current registration LOL.

interesting stuff.

BTW ....some cars never had build sheets .....Los Angeles built cars are widely known as cars that do not have build sheets ....that plant had a policy to throw them away and not "litter" the car up with them.

they saw the build sheet as needed by the assembler only and didnt count on the idea that 40 years later ppl would actually still want these cars and be restoring them lol.

Thanks. The last car owner was in Florida . . . I didn't think a DMV can search across states.

My understanding is that the car was in Hammlock [or something like that!]

Thanks. The last car owner was in Florida . . . I didn't think a DMV can search across states.

My understanding is that the car was in Hammlock [or something like that!]

yea i forgot about that ....you might have to go to Florida for that. i am all over rover in the southwest so it was no problem but if your never if Fla. might be a problem.

Hamtramck....B code on later cars ....i think that was one of the biggest plants

yea i forgot about that ....you might have to go to Florida for that. i am all over rover in the southwest so it was no problem but if your never if Fla. might be a problem.

Hamtramck....B code on later cars ....i think that was one of the biggest plants

I guess with Internet it might be easier to get this info. I family in Florida, so not a problem.

Love you profile pic, by the way!

I guess with Internet it might be easier to get this info. I family in Florida, so not a problem.

Love you profile pic, by the way!

it was mothers day dress up and i got flowers even though im not even a mom. LOL

i dress up and still have a salvage yard in the back ground LMAO

and i like yours .....i heard a few guys say that you look like a 50s style pin up girl. which is totally awesome .......not saying you are from the 50s but the vibe of the pic.

its so cool having you around......i dont think i have ever seen pics of this little valiant though :sad5:

it was mothers day dress up and i got flowers even though im not even a mom. LOL

i dress up and still have a salvage yard in the back ground LMAO

and i like yours .....i heard a few guys say that you look like a 50s style pin up girl. which is totally awesome .......not saying you are from the 50s but the vibe of the pic.

its so cool having you around......i dont think i have ever seen pics of this little valiant though :sad5:

Thanks! It was a pin-up photo shoot ... for an article on my husband's '66 Charger.

I've GOT to start my build thread!!

Here's a pic from last Saturday at a little local car show:

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    115 KB · Views: 153
-
Back