'66 Valiant Wagon - rusty - Concord, NH

-

SSVDP

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I though t someone might be interested ==> http://www.arts-attic.com/automobiles/plymouthwagon/plymouthwagon.htm

'66 Valiant Wagon

Rare 1966 Plymouth Valiant Station Wagon

with

Chrysler AirTemp Air Conditioning

This is a rare special order 1966 Plymouth Valiant V-200 station wagon in Dark Blue Metallic paint with a Blue Interior and optional power steering, power brakes, 3-speed automatic transmission, electric rear window and factory Chrysler Air-Temp air conditioning. All powered by a 273 V-8 engine. The interior is in great condition including the accessory locking glove box.. The body was de-rusted once in the past and the right front torsion bar acnhor is broken.
Standard equipment for 1966 is Seat belts front and Rear, Variable speed Electric Windshield Wipers with Windshield Washer, Padded Instrument Panel, Outside Rrear-view Mirror, Roll-down Tailgate window, Heater with Defroster, Back-up Lights, Inside Rear-view Mirror, Color-keyed Carpet in Passenger Area, Bench type Front Seat, Right and Left Sunvisors.
$1200 F.O.B. concord, NH
Click here to e-mail or telephone (603) 644-0389

Do they make a rust cap to fix the torsion bar mounts on these?

http://autorust.com/shop/product.php?productid=16140&cat=250&page=4

Torsion Mount, Set..Early A-Body Mopar

The torsion bar crossmembers on Mopars have a design flaw that traps road debris. Mud and dirt collects inside the crossmember, weakening the area and by rusting from the inside out. Once the deterioration has reached and weakened the socket area, the crossmember may twist and rip apart. The torsion bar will no longer support the load on the chassis, and the suspension is severely compromised. Our kit makes it easy to fix.
0%

Details

SKU ART-01-3-S
Weight 15.00 lbs
Price: $249.95

Damn, what a cool Car. Wish i would live in the States, not in Germany. When the shipping cost would not so high, i would take it!!!!!

I was reading this ad thinking Wow - $1200.

(as it says..."$1200 F.O.B. concord, NH
Click here to e-mail or telephone (603) 644-0389..."

What's the catch?".

Good, good, good...and the torsion bar anchor is BROKEN.

Well...Why does this ad say,
"...$1200..." and if you go to his website, it is $2500.?
($2500.?!).

======
I am new to these A Bodies with their "unique" construction.

Questions...(I was going to refer a friend of mine back there to this ad, but is this a break worth fixing...(remember - it is just a Valiant wagon, after all ==>>$$)

SInce these are built the way they are, if it's that corroded then the rust isn't ONLY on that little spindly bracket, I'd think.
If they rust there, don't they usually have thin/weak enough metal around there that you'd have to cut back a good ways to have something sturdy?

How big is that patch part mentioned...? Just right at the mointing pioint? But on a car that that breaks on, how rusty is the car around there, though?

I am in Las Vegas, and I know of a pretty much rust-free 1964 that drives...for less than $2500.. I thought it was too high, have been putting off buying it (from the 2nd oowner!).

If this car is $1200., I want to send someone his way that is closer and might be interested.

Interested (as a new Mopar person) to know more about the "fix" part mentioned above, first.

Thanks!

That,s a pretty cool car for $1200???It would be an easy fix.I,d love to turn one into a Pro/Tour car and do a cruise through the southern states.Lots of room in them for sleeping in the back.

Awesome for $1200.Weld up the mount on sight and drive it away,lol....

I have a torsion bar frame section and all the other frame sections for the early A bodies that I would sell from cars I have scrapped. I would sell these at the cost of 150.00 each and you could weld them back in your car and never know it was changed.

I wouldn't mind having this one, but his ad says 2500.00. Anybody know of cheap shipping from the east coast to the mid-west?

There is a fabo thread about getting shipping help from sight members. I dont have the link though.

If it was me,I'd hop on a greyhound with my welder,tools etc and fix it right there,drive it back.

Would be an adventure! but if it breaks down on the way,you can always post here looking for help!!

In northern New England, the fact that it still exists makes it "worth" a couple grand right there. And speaking of which, this thread is 8 months old.. anybody wanna call the # in the ad and find out which junkyard crushed this awesome little hauler last November?

I'll call and post back...but yeah, it says, "$1200. FOB Concord, NH..." then in the ad on his site =$2500.

They don't bring that much, running, even out here on the West Coast (with no rust)...right now, especially.

it's funny I just stumbled onto this listing...... Saw the website page on this car and called on it recently, thought if nothing else it would be a great parts car.

The guy I talked to said the car was stolen!

it's funny I just stumbled onto this listing...... Saw the website page on this car and called on it recently, thought if nothing else it would be a great parts car.

The guy I talked to said the car was stolen!
I could believe stolen being it appeared to be sitting in a storage lot.

-
Back