66 Yellow Dart

-

19cmbtengr

Reaction score
Yo MOPAR gang,

I came across this ad for a 1966 Dart. I would appreciate any thoughts or comments on if you think the car is worth it or not. Am I naive when I think this car was done right? Am I also naive to believe I can get a really, really nice 1965-69 MOPAR for $27-$32,000.00? Currently I own an immaculate 2006 BMW 650i with only 18,100 miles on the car. I'd be willing to trade the Beemer for the right MOPAR. Any suggestions?
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]http://www.kumberamotors.com/cars.htm?l=&id=575

[/FONT]

66 Darts go for much less. Grants, his IS is very nice condition. If he can get that for it, good for him. It does have some nice things done to it and I am sure lots of money was spent on it, but what is that monstrosity on the hood? I'd hold off and look around.

Good advice Val.63. Although it's a nice car the price is up there. You may find one as nice for half the price. tmm

Nice car without a doubt, but it's very hard to get that much for an A body. And with all the driving back and forth in the video, I would have liked to see him burn those tires up at least once.

Nice car without a doubt, but it's very hard to get that much for an A body. And with all the driving back and forth in the video, I would have liked to see him burn those tires up at least once.
X2,probably didn,t want any rubber on the Yeller.LOL

My hardtop is for sale for a hell of a lot less. There are some things done very right on that car and some things that are uglier than chit. Its like a huge zit on the face of a pretty girl. Guess its all a matter of opinion.

You asked for thoughts. Here's a few.

1) It's a dealer consignment. Usually this will raise the price.

2) Not nearly enough info to verify $45 G spent. I would want way more detailed info and pics of the work, and background on who did it to verify quality for that kind of money.

3) Its not really a restoration but a resto-mod. In this market I think you'd be very lucky to resell it for the asking price. The market for A bodies is small, and even smaller for a resto-mod. If its done exactly how you like maybe its worth the money to you. If its a quality build it may be true you could not do it for the asking price.

4) Unless this is exactly what you want I suspect there are a lot better deals out there. If it is what you want, offer a lot less and wait them out.

I second everything Idaho says. I bet at the $27,500 he's asking, he's already taking a loss, unless he did the work himself. I bet there are better deals out there. If you really like it, make him an offer you think is fair.

beautiful dart,,,ugly hood scoop for sure,,wish i knew what the mufflers were,,,

I found that nice early Darts are around $10,000 - $15,000 on average. Thats in the B-body price range..

Yeah, save your money, like bhmw1972 says, "its in the B-body price range".
...If its a 400hp+ motor he should of showed it off a bit...don't seem so fast. 400hp+ in an early A-body would make it fly...probably a 12sec or better 1/4 mile. I would of tossed the hood in favor of a mini tub if I got 400+ hp in the rear.

Thanks for the great advice and insight. It bothered me too that he didn't launch the car at least once.

Now where is the best place to go in my search for my first MOPAR. I've been searching the Internet looking for the right car. I've run across a lot of junk that looked good in the pictures. If anyone knows of a nice car for sale please let me know. My budget is $25-$32,000.00.

1965-69 Plymouth - Barracuda, Belvedere or GTX
1965-69 Dodge - Coronet, Charger or Dart

If you narrow it down you will get a lot better help. Be as specific as you can with what you want. Detail what you want to do with the car, and post examples of cars that interest you. This will generate lots of conversation.

Once you've done that, you might post an ad here stating what you're looking for. With that budget, there are many excellent cars to choose from. People on this site will likely find examples from all over the nation. Take your time.

That car is ugly and overpriced. Look in the for sale section. There's some really good deals out there.

-
Back