67 68 69 Barracuda/Cuda

-

69wacuda

Handling, and a 500ci engine.... All in good time!
Reaction score
First i would like to say that this site has been a God-send for me since starting my first ever project. I have learned so much and I am proud to be apart of the mopar family.

Seems to me (my opinion only) that there are a lot of Dart and Duster owners on this website more so than late 67-69 barracuda owners. Please don't take offence, I myself would have been just as happy with a Dart or Duster but since I am the proud owner of a 69 barracuda thats what i want to hear about.

I created this thread because Barracuda owners of the world want to hear more about YOUR build! Share with the us your hard work and dedication. No matter what stage of the build you are in let us know what you have done and what you plan to do. Show pics, brag about your set up and what it can do not only on the strip but on the track if thats what you do.

I myself plan to build my car to handle. Drag racing is not quite my thing I want agility!!! I would love to do some autocross or some form of street racing.

My Car as it sits today is:

.30 over
270 purple cam
J heads
Performer intake
Mallory ignition

Exhaust:
H-pipe
Cherry bomb Turbo's (thinking of putting a set of flow masters on instead????????)
Headers
A518 Transmission
Fresh Rebuild
4.10 suregrip in the back (may put 323 or 355 for my cross country trip)
Interior:
TORE OUT....:cry:
Color;
i think i will go with #7 from my previous thread: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=56194

Check out my site in my signiture from pics. will be updating hopfully after this weekend.

Thanks for your participation! We can't wait to hear from you about your build.

NUMB3RS
2nd generation Barracuda was built only 3 years. Duster was built 6 years. Darts were built forever LOL

Here's mine:

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

Bought in Oct 97 for $800. Slant 6, three-on-the-tree, QQ1 blue with medium blue interior. I put it on the road with the sub-lime paint, black interior, this \6 engine and a 4spd in July 2000.

Slant6.jpg

Drove it 30k miles like that until July 2005 when I swapped in the 360. Since then it's seen another 25k miles. Other significant mods are 73+ A-body disk brakes, 3.55 geared suregrip 8.25 and the addition of power steering.

The car is on the lift in the garage while I do some touch up to the body right now getting ready for spring. It just occured to me last night that it was 9 years ago that I painted it and it still looks pretty good. In another 2 or 3 years where it will need a major cosmetic do over.

I really like yours, I almost was going to go sublime. I remember yours from one of my first times on here.

Darts, Dusters, Barracudas.... They are all about the same car other than looks....

The builds are the same.... That is unless you are asking specific trim or interior questions..... Its safe to say 95% of anything you read about a dart or duster would also apply to your 69.

:downtown:not really sure what this smilie is.....

Well, here is mine. I bought it in 1998 for $2200, and had it towed to the house. The PO had shoehorned a 318/904 and 8 3/4 rear but never cut the driveshaft!! THe engine was sitting way forward of the mounts...It was an ugly sight. It had 36,000 miles on it then.
After 10 years of work, it has been reborn in its original PP1 red exterior color and original Aztec maroon/pearl white seats interior. I also installed a 360/727. The entire engine bay and underside have been completely stripped and painted, with all new stuff installed. It also has subframe connectors, cordoba discs, and LBP axles with a 3.55 geared 8 .75 rear.

DSC00364 (Small).JPG

DSC01671 (Medium).JPG

DSC01692 (Medium).JPG

DSC01693 (Medium).JPG

DSC01872 (Medium).JPG

DSC01688 (Medium).JPG

Here's mine, 67, 440ci, 727 trans, dana 60 with 456's

Next Project:

I have a full set of Auto meter Phantom gauges including a 5" elec speedo and 5" tach sitting on the bench, time to up grade the instruments.

5-4-08 photos 019.jpg

5-4-08 photos 013.jpg

engine 4-08 006.jpg

where can i find an air cleaner like both of yours???

I picked this gem up a little over 2 years ago. Previous owner had it since '73; it had been parked and unregistered for a number of years, and I got it at an estate sale auction. It was totally complete, pretty straight, and rock solid (check out that trunk!). I got the 'ol 318 running again without too much fuss, slapped on some new tires, and started cruising around town. Besides consuming nearly as much oil as gas, it runs quite well. I'm currently debating my engine rebuild options; although I have a '68 date code 340 short block in the garage, I may just do a low-budget overhaul on the 318 for now.

side.jpg

int.jpg

eng.jpg

trunk.jpg

Here's mine 67 360, 4 speed, alterkation frontend, 3:55 sure-grip, diskbrakes,rmd dash, autometer gagues, 99 sebring buckets, hoping for paint next year.

TOP-DOWNTHREE-08.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

Wanna see pictures? Do a search for any post titled CUDA CAPERS and you'll see mine going together....and coming apart....and going together....and coming apart.....

After 3 years of love/hate she's finished, sort of. I still want to totally re-do the interior and I have some minor trim issues I want to correct, but for the most part, here she is.

My Metal Mistress
JonCuda-vi.jpg

I bought her in 1998 for $1,600. It was a rolling shell with a badly damaged 340 and a shot to Hell 727. It's an original Formula S in sorry shape. In this picture I had just dumped in a 360/4 Bbl. combo to make her driveable. This is when I totally re-built the steering, suspension, and brake systems. No sense in making it go and not stop!

SANY0018-vi.jpg

Now a 360/4 spd combo live in there. 6 Bbl, cam, etc....

SANY0022-vi.jpg

Original bench seat interior, which I think looks bitchin with a stick....

SANY0041-vi.jpg

About $22,000 later and lotsa cussin and violence, here she is. Re-painted in the original, somewhat rare, LL1 Turquoise.

SANY0003-vi.jpg

It only took 10 yrs. from start to finish.....but it's finished. To all you guys with long-term projects, HANG IN THERE! Stay focused and you'll get through it. I had the 100% support of a loving Wife whom let me work on the car while she did the laundry, food shopping, house cleaning, etc. towards the end of the project. She wanted to see it finished almost as much as me!

SANY0006-vi.jpg

Thanks Amy !

Open top air filters can be had at Summit Racing.Summit has there own brand and K&N makes one as well!

I've had car since 06 and did some updates such as front disc brakes, 360 motor, wheels, Pistol grip shifter, Yukon axles, sound deadener in the interior, electric trunk release, Ez wiring harness,bumpers rechromed,AAR stripe,etc..

I really enjoy the car and can't wait until this summer since I have finally got it presentable.

DSC02083.jpg

DSC02082.jpg

DSC02181.jpg

DSC01983.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

Mine is a 69' Barracuda. It was a stock 318 setup. I pulled the 340 sixpack that was in it, and it now has a 408 sixpack. The interior is stock with buckets and floor console. Has a 727 trans,3800 stall, and 8 3/4 rear with 4.10 gears.

It's a Mullinax twin.:-D

69Barracuda.jpg

69barracuda2.jpg

I wished someone would post some pictures of their Sublime cuda! You just don't many of them nowadays.

LOL!

You can look at like this... mine is a 67, dgc33 is a 68, and Woodys is a 69... there.. all years are covered.

Well, here is mine. I bought it in 1998 for $2200, and had it towed to the house. The PO had shoehorned a 318/904 and 8 3/4 rear but never cut the driveshaft!! THe engine was sitting way forward of the mounts...It was an ugly sight. It had 36,000 miles on it then.
After 10 years of work, it has been reborn in its original PP1 red exterior color and original Aztec maroon/pearl white seats interior. I also installed a 360/727. The entire engine bay and underside have been completely stripped and painted, with all new stuff installed. It also has subframe connectors, cordoba discs, and LBP axles with a 3.55 geared 8 .75 rear.

Wow,that car is sharp! Those wheels are superb.

-
Back