67 68 69 Barracuda/Cuda

-
Sure are a bunch of great cars in this thread. WOW!

Maybe I am just biased, but I like all these barracuda threads.....

i told you there wasn't that many barracuda abodies on here.

Some pics from my resto.
A - 67 Fastback Formula S 383 4-speed H-code, sold as new in Sweden.
Bought it 1984, without engine and tranny as a rolling shell, painted in "Plum Crazy". Since then it has been an ongoing job with the fish. Never ends, does it?

IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

scannade bilder 008.jpg

Bild 056.jpg

scannade bilder 007.jpg

aug-06 044.jpg

cudan feb 09 007 - Kopia (2).JPG

avgas -feb-09 (10) - Kopia.JPG

This is my first time to post here but have been reading for quite some time now.
I have a 67 Barracuda with a 340 and a 727 trans. in it that I am building. It has headers on it right now but they have the passenger side of the engine shimed up about 1" so it will not interfere with the steering. I have read some posts that talk about using stock manifolds off later model stuff and was wondering what my best options would be if I was to go this route. I have also thought about using a set of block hugger headers and was wondering if any of you have used these on your car, and if so what brand would you recommend. Would just like to get away from the full tube header set up.
The motor will be around a 10.1:1 comp. with a nice Hyd. cam in it, just building a nice little street machine.
Thanks Rick

Some awesome cars posted on here...May they live on forever! I've owned this one for 20 years, albeit not always in this condition.

Cuda-JCpark09b-sm.jpg

Cuda-JCpark09r-mod-sm1.jpg

10-5.jpg

8-8.jpg

cudainlot.jpg

7-2.jpg

1967 nothcback.
Originally f-8 green 273, auto, hubcaps, and a rat infested interior.

Eight years later, v-2 hemi orange with a very stout 360, a-833 4 speed, sure grip rear, 3.23 gears, tons and tons of mods, and finally fun, fun, fun on the street.
Yes it's set up for the drag strip and launches so good, I can barely spin the tires.

Still not finished the way I want it.

You will loose the sound, torque, free flowing exhaust, and looks if you do that!

TTI headers!
Ya I was affraid of that. Will the TTI headers clear everything without using a hammer if you know what I mean? I just do not want any clearance issues. No opinion on the block hugger header set up?. Anyone?
Rick

69 B5 Fastback with 408 Magnum, 8 3/4 3.23 SG, TTI headers, and KH front disk.

Was 318, 7 1/4 2.76 and drums

I did the suspension, interior, some exterior and drivetrain over a couple of years,
and hope to have it painted sometime in the next few years.

69_cuda.jpg

air_cleaner.jpg

int.jpg

69_cuda.jpg

air_cleaner.jpg

int.jpg

Ya I was affraid of that. Will the TTI headers clear everything without using a hammer if you know what I mean? I just do not want any clearance issues. No opinion on the block hugger header set up?. Anyone?
Rick

Yes. There is no way I would have took a hammer to my ceramic coated headers. If you have a automatic then you will have less trouble than us 4-speed folks far as install.

69 B5 Fastback with 408 Magnum, 8 3/4 3.23 SG, TTI headers, and KH front disk.

Was 318, 7 1/4 2.76 and drums

I did the suspension, interior, some exterior and drivetrain over a couple of years,
and hope to have it painted sometime in the next few years.

Nice car!

You did a good job!

Looked like a good place to share my projects, three 68 barracuda's.. two fastback, one notchback. ill give the most current pictures i have now and to make it fun we'll do a before and after (best pics i could find anyway) working on a photo album of the most recent (orange) cuda's build progress.. enjoy for now:

White notchback:

Blue Fastback:

Orange Fastback:

I don't have any good pics of mine & haven't worked on it in a long time. It's a '68 340 S all numbers matching, A/C, P/S, std interior, Red W/ maroon inter, red strip... etc, etc. I can't wait to pay off my bills from my divorce and start back on it.

Looked like a good place to share my projects, three 68 barracuda's.. two fastback, one notchback. ill give the most current pictures i have now and to make it fun we'll do a before and after (best pics i could find anyway) working on a photo album of the most recent (orange) cuda's build progress.. enjoy for now:

White notchback:

Blue Fastback:

Orange Fastback:

Too cool dude.
I'm really liking the orange fastback.
Is it vitamin-c orange?

One of less than 400 4 Speed 68 340 Formula S Notchbacks built. One older repaint of original color LL1 Turquoise. Originally had a white vinyl top and seats. In the last year: rebuilt the engine with a Scat 416" stroker kit, mild cam (comp cam xe274) and about 9.5:1 compression (assembly by fellow fabo member physixx), rebuilt the front and rear suspension, SS springs, '73 lbp disk brakes, Moser axles, Centerforce clutch, fresh 3.55s and I have the original 3.91s in the garage. I have a few sets of wheels, steelies with the '68 9" caps, rallys and Ansens. I would also like to find some vintage Torq Thrusts. best et so far is 12.9 but should go faster with some more aggressive driving and faster still wtih the 3.91s.

08-20-09_1804.jpg

CIMG2166.jpg

CIMG2168.jpg

Wheel Clearance Rear.jpg

As long as I am showing off I might as well show my first Barracuda (again). Its long gone, sold to someone in Eastern PA in the mid/late 90s. I'm still waiting to see it show up here on FABO. It was all original right down to the paint '69 340 Notch Automatic. If anyone knows of this car I would love to know more.

hpqscan0001.jpg

I have no digital camera so no pic's, but I do have a 67 formula-s notch with a 4-speed, b5 blue with black gut's. I'm a little surprised that I have not seen another one. Anybody out there got one? btw cool thread with some owesome rides.

-
Back