[WANTED] 67 68 69 convertible top switch

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would trade one for a Hurst shifter with linkage for 4 speed

How do you test the switch?, I have a spare convert dash(dart) with the switch ,Lawrence

I just plug these into my 68 conv to check them.Other than that I don't know

The contacts on it are marked UP, DOWN, etc.. so checking it with an ohms meter should be pretty straight forward. I don't know how one would test reliability of the switch or the cycling circuit breaker mounted on it. Best route is wire the switch to relays. Moving the high current to relays might add years of life to a used switch.

Someone just put in a regular swich in my Dart Conv. Works fine.

I think a factory bezel will screw onto this also.

Attachments

• LtLwrDash.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 147
The same switch can also be found in 68-ish B-body wagons for the rear window. Get the wiring and relays from a LeBaron convertible to extend the life of the switch. My son's Dart has a Barracuda dash so we used the entire LeBaron setup with the switch mounted in the console ashtray area. I may have another switch, but I can't recall what switch I used for the power antenna in my GTS.

The same switch can also be found in 68-ish B-body wagons for the rear window. Get the wiring and relays from a LeBaron convertible to extend the life of the switch. My son's Dart has a Barracuda dash so we used the entire LeBaron setup with the switch mounted in the console ashtray area. I may have another switch, but I can't recall what switch I used for the power antenna in my GTS.

I have a couple of toggle rear window switches. But I think they take a different handle. Bummer. The other one has that big wide 70 B-body chrome switch on it.

This one looks like some handle slides over it.

Attachments

• Copy of PICT0757.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 149
The 68 (I believe it was a 68, but could have been a 67) that I got was definitely the same handle. I sold it several years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back