***'67/'68/'69 Dart reproduction front bumpers...Any good?***

-

65Val

Average Length Member
Reaction score
Any experience out there regarding repro front bumpers for '67 to '69 Darts?

Quality???...Fit???...etc....

Thanks.

Oh I thought you found something local. I know of a fairly clean 68 front bumper if you're interested.
Is it cheaper to get a new one from AMD than to have one rechromed at Victoria Plating?

Oh I thought you found something local. I know of a fairly clean 68 front bumper if you're interested.
Is it cheaper to get a new one from AMD than to have one rechromed at Victoria Plating?

Thanks, Mike, but I have my original front bumper...just wanting to get a shiny new one.

AMD is around $325 for a repro and Vic Plating is $550 to rechrome my original. I just picked up my rear one from them....Boy is it NICE!!!

I want to know how the repro's look, how they fit, and how they last!!

Thanks.

So, no-one's used them???

Got them on my car, they were on car when I bought it they look great to me. The only reason I know there not original, is they have an AMD decal on the back of them. My buddy just bought them from AMD front & rear, for his 68 GTS convertible quality look's great, but he didn't install his yet. Ive heard some guys say the lines are not as crisp as factory, but some people complain no matter what! God that bug get's me everytime I see one of your posts haha!

One of the things I have read is some of them the chrome is not the most durable.....

I plan on buying the AMD bumpers when the time comes. I saw a set on a Scamp recently and they looked fine. Maybe not triple chrome plated like the ones you would buy for $500+ but good enough for what I'm going to do. My car sits inside and never gets driven in the winter so I should be good to go.

My rear AMD bumper is 1 year old and is looking great on my 69 Dart also the fit was spot on,I hope to get the front soon my front is shinny but not real nice.I got mine from SMC classic in Quebec to my door was 320.

My rear AMD bumper is 1 year old and is looking great on my 69 Dart also the fit was spot on,I hope to get the front soon my front is shinny but not real nice.I got mine from SMC classic in Quebec to my door was 320.

Thanks Snake. I'll check them out. Shipping will probably more to me as I'm way away from you.

I just googled SMC Classics in Quebec...no web site. Do you have a link?

Thanks Snake. I'll check them out. Shipping will probably more to me as I'm way away from you.

I just googled SMC Classics in Quebec...no web site. Do you have a link? here is there # 1-514 270-1999 SMS Auto Classic.com

Boy, their website is difficult to search. Can't find these bumpers in their listings, or in their E-Bay store either. Do you have a part number, Snake? (Maybe it'll search with that)

Boy, their website is difficult to search. Can't find these bumpers in their listings, or in their E-Bay store either. Do you have a part number, Snake? (Maybe it'll search with that)

Call them I could look for the # but could be a wile.

Hey, chrome is expensive. Paint can look good too.

SCAN0058.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I just googled SMC Classics in Quebec...no web site. Do you have a link? here is there # 1-514 270-1999 SMS Auto Classic.com

Snake...emailed them and rec'd this response...

""They are $329.95 plus S & H ($40) plus HST. Not in stock, ETA to us is 10 days.""

Thanks
SMS Auto Classic

They've gone up a bit in a year!

35 Years in the Autobody Refinish and Repair Industry. Aftermarket parts are cheaper for a reason, they dont quite fit as nice as OEM and they will develope rust sooner. That being said what do you intend for your cars end use? On a rotating pedistal front and center at The World of Wheels Show down at the convention center? Or daily driver, weekend warrior?
The reason for the higher expense of rechroming is all the steps/time they take to make your parts look as good or better than OEM and last as long as OEM.
Most people opt out for the repop parts, its cheaper its quicker, and most people cant tell the difference anyhow. Repop parts business had a bad reputation in its early days, but now people are a little smarter, and a little sharper, and want their pride and joy to look right. If your car is kept out of the elements you would be safe buying aftermarket bumpers.

I bought AMD Bumpers off Ebay if I remember right ! I got the PAIR of them cheaper than my local Chrome shop wanted to charg me to straighten and rechrome !! Turn around time was way stupid also !! As for fit and finish,they're a perfect match !Also bought AMD Rear Quarters that even my body shop guy was impressed with !!I'd say go for them and save yourself a lot of aggrivation !!! :blob::blob: By the way,the Green Dart is mine,and those are painted fiberglass fenders !

I bought AMD Bumpers off Ebay if I remember right ! I got the PAIR of them cheaper than my local Chrome shop wanted to charg me to straighten and rechrome !! Turn around time was way stupid also !! As for fit and finish,they're a perfect match !Also bought AMD Rear Quarters that even my body shop guy was impressed with !!I'd say go for them and save yourself a lot of aggrivation !!! :blob::blob: By the way,the Green Dart is mine,and those are painted fiberglass fenders !

Thanks 6pk. I appreciate the reply. I'll put you in the "+" column.

-
Back