67 - 69 Barracuda Grill Shell

-

fzmax

Reaction score
This is one of the many parts I'll need, but for this much I'll fix the one I have. In fact, mine is probably in better condition. Is this guy out of line or is that the going rate?

eh - I wouldn't pay that much in that condition, but i know when i was looking for 68 grilles, a guy at Englishtown had them anywhere from $450 to $600 depending on condition. That's about the typical price I found. IDK, but I think the 68's are typically more expensive than the 67's. So bottom line, I think it's over-priced.

No matter what the year 67-69 they are pricey!! Im looking for the plastic ovals for a 69 as mine are cracked, and I just cant seem to find them.

According to him no.I have sold these for more and in some places they sell for less.But if you are going to use yours anyway???

They are getting harder and harder to find. The 69s are the hardest to find, then the 68s. For the price this guy is asking, the headlight doors should be included, and he is still just a tad high.
I have a buddy that sells restored ones, which is what I have on mine.

That's a 67 Cuda setup. The raw aluminum surrounds are the same for 68. But the support for the turn signal is different. So you'd have to un rivet the support off your 68 to make this surround assy fit a 68.

IMHO that ebay setup is way overpriced. one. The surrounds aren't too bad, but overpriced for the condition and year. Very tricky to repair.

HemiEd, how much to repair/exchange surrounds and headlight doors?

PG Classics and www.BEAparts.com are scheduled to repro the 67/68 headlight buckets. PG has a price on their website.

69's are totally different. AND 69 are about to be repro'd by PG Classics and www.BEAparts.com They sound closer to release.

So expect a bunch of used 69 grilles to hit the market very soon. Because the prices of used ones will be dropping. Especially the mediocre ones needing some repair.

The car I just bought came with two complete grills. The steel part is a little beat up on one, the other is pretty bad and that was the part I was looking to replace. I didn't know the Cuda parts were so high.

I have a '67 and spent 80 plus hours working on dents, sanding, polishing, masking, repainting (gloss black & argent silver) and striping the center channel of mine. They're still far from perfect. I wouldn't pay the lowered price on those ebay POS. you need to find out if all the mounting screws are there 'cuz those break. There is a dude in Sandy Oregon who does amazing work (looks like effin' Jewelry!) but you better be ready to sell a kidney if you want one of his sets.

While you and I may consider the price too high, An insurance company paying to fix a car might atleast use the price in calculating average cost of replacement parts.

True; Red Fish, with respect. How ever that header panel and grill assembly on ebay is hammered and IMO overpriced for what they are. From an insurance stand point I'd get a price quote from a restorer of bright work and trim pieces, because if the insurance company told me I could get a replacement '67 front end in "good" condition for $425.00 and I got what he's peddling, I'd come unhinged.

-
Back