67-69 Barracuda tunk extensions?

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
What are you guys using for trunk extensions on a 67-69 Barracuda?I bought AMD Duster extensions but they are WAY WAY off.They are too wide and too long.

Jim

Ok they are going to take alot of work to make them even close.Wouldn't be so bad if they were not too wide.
Jim

Most cases the only part that needs replaced is the turned down / vertical portion. The Duster piece can be cut to fit there or just corrugated galvanized has been used there. The corrugated leaves a crowd of drain openings at the bottom.
This doesn't help if the horizontal needs replaced. I've often wondered why that portion stops so far short of the quarter skin anyway. I've also wondered why it couldn't run all the way to and end with welds along the quarter skin. Especially if your patching that skin from there down also. I suppose the lower patched area of the quarter would need a brace or 2 like fender braces.
Doubt any of this helps. just my early morning coffee talkin'.
Good luck

I was thinking the same thing about Tony's fish. Sure wish mine was in a body shop getting the rear quarters patched and the extension vertical parts replaced. Some real blight back there.

Wow Tony that was your car! It sure looks good now!

I was thinking the same thing about Tony's fish. Sure wish mine was in a body shop getting the rear quarters patched and the extension vertical parts replaced. Some real blight back there.

Yep, looks more better now!....thanks

Well, on this subject of '67-'69 Bcuda trunk extentions, my friend was in contact with AMD a couple or years ago about letting them borrow some NOS notchback quarters(mine), NOS trunk extensions(mine), NOS rear of front fender splash shields(mine), NOS fenders(my friends) and some other parts to reproduce. After a couple of talks AMD just kinda wasn't interested?????? Why are they making so much stuff for Dusters and nothing for '67-'69 Bcudas?????? I hear they are looking at making Duster fenders now?
Not sure what to say.............I had heard years ago people were using Dart truck extensions and had to add to the bottoms?

Can someone measure their factory extensions for me?Measure how wide the top side is at both ends inside the trunk.Also how much room is between the quarter panel and the extension at both ends inside the trunk.

Thanks,Jim

there aren't great points to measure from -> to.
The space between the corner and the quarter skin begins and ends at approx 3/4" The metal is broke on a straight line. The curve in the skin causes the variance.

Hope these help.

Attachments

• S6304031.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 127
  • S6304032.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 139
  • S6304033.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 123
Didn't Laysons sell these at one time?? I remember a statement in their catalog something to the effect that the 67-69 trunk extensions would fit the early A cars but would be 2" too short. Maybe a message to Rick@Laysons here would clear this up!! Also, you could try Sherman and Associates out of Washington Twp. Michigan, they stock a ton of sheetmetal for the industry, and for a long time they were the only ones that did!!! Geof

The 67-69 Dart trunk extension can be used on the 67-69 Barracuda. The Dart extension is approx. 1" too short in the vertical, so you would need to add that much to the height of the panel.

I have talked to customers that have said this is not a terribly big deal...they cut the panel on the vertical leg about a 1/2" below the bend running down the center and added a 1" strip. This retained the 'factory edge' at the bottom where it attaches to the bottom of the quarter.

-
Back