67-69 cuda front bumper

-

sydcuda

Reaction score
just curious as to whether anyone here has done some custom work on the 67-69 cuda front bumper. It seems a relatively bulky bumper for the style of the car (compare a camaro or mustang bumper of same era). I've already enlarged the number plate opening to accommodate the longer (and narrower) tags we have over here and I'm also I thinking of thinning the bumper down a little by cutting out the lip along the bottom edge, to open up the area underneath a little more.

Has anyone gone this route?

Geez, I can't imagine those bumpers being any thinner or smaller!......not that they're especially light, but I always thought that they were pretty darn small as they were. I haven't had the chance to compare between a mustang or camaro bumper of the same years, though.

When I took my bumpers in for plating I thought they were a relatively small bumper compared to a lot of others.Can't see taking anything off of them IMO.8)

The bumper itself looks fine to me. The bumperettes dont help the lines but they do protect the trim a little.

For a really cool custom look switch the front and rear bumpers. :-D

It will look like it was made that way :toothy10:

just curious as to whether anyone here has done some custom work on the 67-69 cuda front bumper. It seems a relatively bulky bumper for the style of the car (compare a camaro or mustang bumper of same era). I've already enlarged the number plate opening to accommodate the longer (and narrower) tags we have over here and I'm also I thinking of thinning the bumper down a little by cutting out the lip along the bottom edge, to open up the area underneath a little more.

Has anyone gone this route?

I left the bumper off the front of my 67 Formula S coupe

Personally I think the bumper is just about right as is

I'm only talking about shaving the lower lip, which would take about 1/4 inch out of it. A subtle change, but as I said I feel it would give it a slimmer look and open up the lower area a little.

I'm only talking about shaving the lower lip, which would take about 1/4 inch out of it. A subtle change, but as I said I feel it would give it a slimmer look and open up the lower area a little.

While you're at it shorten the bumper at each end by taking out about 1/2 " off the leading edge on each side. That will bring the bumper ends closer to the body. I did that to my '68 Cuda front and rear bumpers and it looked great! It also cuts down on wind resistance a little too.

sscuda

I always though the cuda bumpers were one of the smaller ones out there. Thay look right to me any way.

I always though the cuda bumpers were one of the smaller ones out there. Thay look right to me any way.

Well, they are smaller than various other bumpers, doesnt mean they couldnt stand a little massaging. Compare a 67-69 bumper with the slim, sleek and snug fit of a 70-74 cuda bumper, and on a larger car. With the exception of one brave sole (sscuda) looks like I'm going it alone here.

-
Back