-
Status
Not open for further replies.

roylerumble

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a reasonably priced engine bay wiring harness for my 1969 valiant. I've converted it to a v8 727 auto and I'm hoping to find something to work with.

I'm in Canada, but will be visiting family in Palm Springs in March. Can ship there to lower costs.

Thanks

67 is VERY different...

I'm not aware of any "very" differences in 67-8-9 engine harnesses.
Wire length are different for the different engines for any year model.
Any pre 1970 harness would need minor upgrades for electronic ignition and isolated field charging system ( those typical mod's ).

Not a direct plug n play. The 67 harness wont have the pig tails for fender marker light. It would also need to be re-wired/re-routed at the bulkhead connectors as they route differently between the connectors as does wire function between the 68-9 dash to engine/lighting harness.

A new YO or CI, M-H harness is probably the best way to go. They are exacting replacements, affordable, plug and play and you're not dealing with old wire that has been exposed to the elements for 40+ years. I don't know if either have any discount deals right now though?

https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/196...-.-engine-_-forward-light/a-.-body/?year=1969

http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/a-body-dart-1963-76/parts/?q=Harness&p=2

67 had the horn relay under the hood, pin outs are quite different (I don't have the diagrams here, but several wires would still have to be moved). The horn wiring in 68-up runs forward with the headlight wires along the left side of the engine bay. In 67 the horn wires followed the path of the alternator wiring and jump to the right inner fenderwell from the alternator.

Running lights operate different, but I have not looked at the diagrams to see if that is where the differences are.

67 had the horn relay under the hood, pin outs are quite different (I don't have the diagrams here, but several wires would still have to be moved). The horn wiring in 68-up runs forward with the headlight wires along the left side of the engine bay. In 67 the horn wires followed the path of the alternator wiring and jump to the right inner fenderwell from the alternator.

Running lights operate different, but I have not looked at the diagrams to see if that is where the differences are.

Thats correct Jim. You have the diagrams available to you on BOG and 67 has several differences.

I am looking for a reasonably priced engine bay wiring harness for my 1969 valiant. I've converted it to a v8 727 auto and I'm hoping to find something to work with.

I'm in Canada, but will be visiting family in Palm Springs in March. Can ship there to lower costs.

Thanks

I got mine from Evans electric and it was great. yes theres a difference between 67 and 68 & 69 I have a 67 barracuda

I was thinking engine harness without considering the forward light harness. It is routed through the engine bay. Oh well... Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back