67-8-9 Cuda trunk extentions and patches

-

6789cudas

Reaction score
I wanted to ask all of you on this site what kind of panels would you like to see reproduced for the 67-8-9 B'Cudas
so far:
Fenders #1
Trunk extentions #2

I asked this before on other site but unfortunately there were not enough replies to warrant a tooling up for these parts so I saved that info to add to what you people want to see.

I reallize there will be some over lapping from all the different MOPAR sites But I will weed that out.
I am currently working on correct fit 67-8-9 cuda
Trunk extentions
These will not be like the current stuff available
They will be available as patches first (for those who just need the vertical area)
then full pieces

Thanks

How about full factory style quarter panels and some door skin panels would be nice too.

How about full factory style quarter panels and some door skin panels would be nice too.

Bill- I talked to Mark at AMD but no word as of yet on retooling for that application

The last time we disscussed the qtrs he said "not enough interest" $ wise
I will entertain door skins soon.

Please post this request to [email protected] so I can keep track of the
parts peole want to see done next.

Thanks,

Ken

Door skins would be great because they would work on all 67-76 A bodies.

Trunk extensions are great because now you need to modified Dart extensions. How a bout a good fitting rocker panel. They should also fit all A bodies 67-76

Another goo piece to do (although its not a Barracuda piece) would be Dart Dutchman panels, They are the same again from 67-76 and are comman rust areas on vinyl roof cars.

Door skins would be great because they would work on all 67-76 A bodies.

Trunk extensions are great because now you need to modified Dart extensions. How a bout a good fitting rocker panel. They should also fit all A bodies 67-76

Another goo piece to do (although its not a Barracuda piece) would be Dart Dutchman panels, They are the same again from 67-76 and are comman rust areas on vinyl roof cars.

Adam-

All good ideas
the rockers can still be found unrusty/unharmed (hence why nobody is doing them)
Send to:
[email protected]
Ken

So those rocker panels seen on ebay at 50 bucks a pair are a poor fit ?
They did get 2 inches longer at 74 or 75.
I wont hold my breath on the fenders complete with integrated headlight house.
A repop fender with a short flange for attaching the original headlight house might happen.
Are those inner fender splash shields repoped ? I need a pair of those too.

678cudas, what other parts (sheetmetal or otherwise) have you reproduced for Mopars or other cars. Is this your business?

Yes, Those $50 rockers are not a good fit. I wasnt surprised but I had to try them anyways.

I believe the splash shields are available.

Yes, Those $50 rockers are not a good fit. I wasnt surprised but I had to try them anyways.

I believe the splash shields are available.
Yeah but if you want them original you'd be better off cleaning up what you have
They are not great quality
but they work

Hard to clean this much rust up. A good replacement is the only way.

IM000557

So those rocker panels seen on ebay at 50 bucks a pair are a poor fit ?
They did get 2 inches longer at 74 or 75.
I wont hold my breath on the fenders complete with integrated headlight house.
A repop fender with a short flange for attaching the original headlight house might happen.
Are those inner fender splash shields repoped ? I need a pair of those too.

The rockers I have seen don't impress me at all
as far as repop fenders and sheilds goes
I have an NOS left fender and inner shield I didn't use yet but that's down the pike a little
I have to prove to Mark at AMD that there is enough interest
Before one of us gets it done

IM000557
Adam I have one good rocker for the drivers side
but I using it for the pattern
soon as I get them done I will post it
Ken

IM000557

Sherman has full length rocker panels for a 67-8-9 cudas. I bought one not to long ago for my car. The body man was really impressed by the quality. They have other panels also for the cudas.

I was very lucky to find outer wheel houses for a 67-69 barracuda. No one has them or is making a repop any more. At one time goodmark had them but no longer, I found an NOS pass side and a goodmark drivers side. The steel on the NOS was a little thicker but they both fit the same. I would bet that their is a need for outer wheel houses on these models. I also used duster trunk extensions on my resto I had to beat cut and bend them, lucky I had the rusted originals to model from. I spent over 40 hours on making those trunk extensions fit and look correct, But I also would have welcomed the correct trunk extension. (none avail any where)

-
Back