67-9 Vert Inst Cluster Bezel "TOP" Decal?

-

2fine69s

69 340-6pak Rag Top
Reaction score
Hey guys,
On 67-9 Verts, there is a Decal or Identification plate of some sort that fits on the lower part of the cluster bezel. It identifies the top switch location. Is anyone repoping these? I seem to remember some of these floating around a while back.
Martin

I think it is similar to a "map light" bezel, that mounts to the lwr metal part of the dash frame, I believe lower left to the left of the drivers left leg. Mine could be different though as it is a 4spd and the reverse indicator is near the ashtray mounted to the lwr steel dash frame.

All of those accesory switch bezels TOP MAP LIGHT REAR DEFROST are the same
except that they changed from chromed pot metal to plastic. I'm not sure what year they changed.

What the OP is talking about is a metal decal that is used ONLY on convertibles. This decal says "TOP" and is mounted directly under the top switch.

I don't know if this decal is reproduced or not, but if it is, I've never seen one.

George

Decal wise, I dont believe I have ever seen one, mine is a chromed metal bezel that says "top" I think....

I've never seen it repro'd, but, several years ago I lucked into a mint convertible dash cluster and bezel w/"TOP" badge on ebay.

Is it just a Dart thing? I know like Steve mine is on the bezel for the switch which is on the lower left of the steering column.

any pics of the "top" in question-- even the b-cuda one? thanks Lawrence

I'll see if I can get back to my GTS and get a pic (the car is back in a corner of my "shop" area and not real easy to get to.

any pics of the "top" in question-- even the b-cuda one? thanks Lawrence

Here's a Dart dash Top "decal"....Switch is directly under it in the dash frame.

Attachments

• IMG_3321 (Small).JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 357
  • Feb26-12-2 (Small).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 365
I've never noticed that decal before. Looks like it could be made with one of those label maker things. Haven't seen one of those in a long time either.

I've never noticed that decal before. Looks like it could be made with one of those label maker things. Haven't seen one of those in a long time either.

Dymo makes label makers. Bought one a few years ago at Target to make some labels for the toggle switches in my diesel.

Here's the one I bought, although it was less than $20 when I bought it.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/LetraTag-LT-100H-Personal-Label-Maker/dp/B000II09IM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330345686&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Dymo LetraTag Plus LT-100H Personal Label Maker: Office Products[/ame]

here's some other ones

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/DYMO-LabelManager-Performance-Portable-1768815/dp/B004647694/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1330345686&sr=8-14"]Amazon.com: DYMO LabelManager 420P High Performance Portable Label Maker, Black (1768815): Office Products[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dymo-Organizer-Xpress-Card-12966/dp/B0000AQOD3/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1330345686&sr=8-9"]Amazon.com: Dymo Organizer Xpress Pro Organizer Xpress Pro, 1/Card (12966): Electronics[/ame]

And the Labels too

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/DYMO-Embossing-Tape-Glossy-labels/dp/B001XQ7ZP8/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1330345686&sr=8-13"]Amazon.com: DYMO Embossing Tape - Glossy vinyl labels - black - Roll (3/8 in x 9.8 ft) - 3 Rolls: Office Products[/ame]

Hey 74Dusted... looks like if you make a few of these and charge a couple bucks you might be able to recoup your investment... just a thought.
If you could make it like the pic in 65Val post Ill be your 1st customer. Theres a "framed" area that the label fits into.

the TOP label is made out of an aluminum piece with and the letters are raised. It is only about 1/4" tall

Mine is the original one to the car and had to reglue it on the rechromed bezel

I would think it would be best to have one etched to look close to original

I sent mine flying while messing around-- it popped of & is no where to be seen!

the TOP label is made out of an aluminum piece with and the letters are raised. It is only about 1/4" tall

Mine is the original one to the car and had to reglue it on the rechromed bezel

I would think it would be best to have one etched to look close to original

That's exactley what I wanted to do. I wanted to take the original off and put it on the new bezel. How did you get it off with out bending or breaking it?
Martin

You can soak the back of the lbel with a solvent to soften the glue, then reattach it to the new bezel with double sided tape.

George

Martin- you gotta be close to finishing your vert...
Almost time to head down to So Fla and help me finish mine!!! Hope alls well.

Martin- you gotta be close to finishing your vert...
Almost time to head down to So Fla and help me finish mine!!! Hope alls well.

Hey Doug,
Long way from finishing! Had a few set backs, But the sunny south sounds good. Good to hear from you, hope the family is well. What did you ever decide on a hood?
Martin

I always wondered if anyone repop'd those, as my "TOP" tag is half gone. Think I know someone with one of the new label makers, will have to see if they could do something.

I wonder what it would look like using one of those old "Dymo" type labelmakers with black tape? The orig. "TOP" "plate" had raised letters, similar to the "DYMO" style.

"EDIT"...nevermind...someone up there^^^ already suggested it.

Found part # 2661298 for the "TOP" "name plate" in my 1967 parts book (23-58-552), but it is N/A (big surprise!) , and , as far as I know, not repro'd.

-
Back