67 Barracuda Disc Brake Conversion Kit

-

ToplessFish67

Reaction score
Looking for front disc brake conversion kit recommendations. Currently have manual 10" drums.

Thanks!

I used the SSBC kit on my '71 Dart GT. It allowed me to keep the 5 on 4" small bolt circle Rallye wheels (5 on 4 1/2" is also an option with this kit) front and rear (I have the factory installed A-Body 8 3/4" rear-end with 3.23:1 sure-grip). Pricey, but very complete and very easy to install.

Doctor Diff has really good kits. everything from 10.95" rotors to 13" rotors plus great customer service.

Hi,

I went with the Scarebird conversion on my 69 Barracuda convertible. I'm half way through the project and so far it's going very smoothly. Although not exactly a kit because you have to gather up all the pieces. With a little careful shopping on Rockauto for close out parts and such the price is coming out quite reasonable and I can keep the original SBP and steel poverty rims. All the required parts are off the shelf items.

Hi,

I went with the Scarebird conversion on my 69 Barracuda convertible. I'm half way through the project and so far it's going very smoothly. Although not exactly a kit because you have to gather up all the pieces. With a little careful shopping on Rockauto for close out parts and such the price is coming out quite reasonable and I can keep the original SBP and steel poverty rims. All the required parts are off the shelf items.

And it works real well! MT:burnout:

I went with classic performance power disc conversion kit through summit. I've installed all the wheel components and now am working on routing new hardlines to the prop valve. As long as it winds up working I'll be happy...and all new components. It was just a pita that they didn't provide some of the hardware needed but I was able to locate the parts pretty easily.

I TOTALLY agree with the Stainless Steel Brake Corp (SSBC) disk bake kit. I put them on my 69 FB several years ago and they are NICE. Their instructions left a bit to be desired, but the parts were TOP QUALIY.

On my 68 Barracuda I went with The Right Stuff mainly because they're a local company here in Ohio. Their front disc kit went on with no problems. It includes everything you need as well as new upper control arms too. Instructions were very well written with lots of pictures. The only downside is most parts were made in China but seemed of good quality. I would recommend them if you're just going with front discs. However, their rear disc kit is a "universal" design and takes some fabrication to install. I thought their prices were reasonable compared to most others.
Their website is www.getdiscbrakes.com

-
Back