67 barracuda from cali to n.y came today

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
Hey guys got my new old 67 today!
Check it out!!! the fun began at 2pm this afternoon.

Do think i can piece together that washer bottle with some elmers LOL LOL LOL

Very nice acquisition. Should not take much to make it into a pristine ride.

Did you fly out to cali to look or did you buy it sight unseen? BTW Damn nice car.

Thanks all....
No sight unseen, many pics and conversation on the phone.
so far so good.

Those OEM washer bottles are hard to restore :)
Looks like OEM voltage regulator in that pic too.
Enjoy !

Well after palying with the barracuda for a day the tranny grinds first to second adjustment? i tried adjusting the clutch alittle seemed alittle better.
left rear shock was not even there ? ? ? . Owner siad he forgot he took it out. other than that the dana rear is leaking from the top i think the vent? I asked the previous owner and he said the fluid might be to thick 90/120 is what he put in i'm going to change it and put 80/90 wt. opinions???
Thanks johnnny cuda

I am sure you will be sorting things out for a while, thats just part of buying a car. It looks like you've got a really nice starting point though. Have fun and enjoy it...Good luck with your new toy.

no 1000 hp for me that is why i listed it in the parts section

I put them on the police wheels to see if i like the back spacing "4 1/2"
Before i buy the rear cragers, I put 255/60 /15 left me with 1/2 before the leaf spring good enough wanted 275's but not with this backspace.
the cragars come 4 1/8 so it might give me the room for the 275 but i already have bought these for now.

Did you adjust the shifter? My A833 would grind if I shifted hard . . . it would go too far into the gear . . . set shifter in neutral, placed allen wrench in slot to hold "N", removed linkage from trans shift arm/brackets, moved arm/brackets into gear then into "N" adjust rod length, then did the same for the other rod. I also used steel bushings on the shifter and arm/brackets versus the plastic ones. Worked well.

Did you adjust the shifter? My A833 would grind if I shifted hard . . . it would go too far into the gear . . . set shifter in neutral, placed allen wrench in slot to hold "N", removed linkage from trans shift arm/brackets, moved arm/brackets into gear then into "N" adjust rod length, then did the same for the other rod. I also used steel bushings on the shifter and arm/brackets versus the plastic ones. Worked well.
Thanks i'll give it a try the prevous owner has cotter pins and no bushings LOL that might be it , Know where t get a good bushing kit?

-
Back