[WANTED] 67 Barracuda Front and Rear Windshield Trim Mouldings

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
68 and 9 have actual stainless reveal moldings. 67 had a chrome looking plastic insert that locked the gasket along with some small metal pieces that covered where the plastic didn't and/or where it joined.

Is your Barracuda a fastback? You didn't specify. You can order replacement plastic "chrome" locking strip, but you will also need the stainless steel corner pieces. Some of these are available — the right-angle corners (4 on the front and two on the back). But the rear glass on the fastback also has a shallow angle piece at the bottom center that is not reproduced.

A lot of people install the stainless trim from a 68-69. But in order to do so properly, you need to pull the glass, install the 68-69 gasket and drill for the 40 (approximate number, total front and back) small screw-on clips that hold the stainless trim. Not a trivial undertaking.

I have Fastback windshield and back glass stainless
I'm interested. I do not know what the hell I have? It has a groove in the middle and the car Is a 67 but the front and rear were changed t 68 so I do not know if the rubber was done? It Is a fast back. Can you tell if I send a pic of the rubber?

A lot of people install the stainless trim from a 68-69. But in order to do so properly, you need to pull the glass, install the 68-69 gasket and drill for the 40 (approximate number, total front and back) small screw-on clips that hold the stainless trim. Not a trivial undertaking.
I think my 70 Swinger was like that.

Post pic of gasket. Only correct 67 gasket is by Precision.
I'm interested. I do not know what the hell I have? It has a groove in the middle and the car Is a 67 but the front and rear were changed t 68 so I do not know if the rubber was done? It Is a fast back. Can you tell if I send a pic of the rubber?

Heres pic of ours, the stainless steel corner piece isnt on there. As mentioned, if you are going to go with 68/9 with SS trim, you need proper gasket, clips for trim, and the trim obviously.

20160720_101323.jpg

IN-67WR...1967 A-Body windshield lockstrips. (4 piece kit)...$239 set

RS-67RMCS...1967 Barracuda / Valiant / Dart - Revell Mldg Clip Set for front...$56 set

IN-FB5...1967 Barracuda fastback 3-piece rear window lockstrip set...(The stainless-steel end caps are not available yet)...$219 set

I just looked at it good and they actually put some black trim looks plastic in gasket groove. It has like tar tape crap filling the corners and middle bottom! Now this is on the rear. The front is what I have in the pics,it has a blob in couple of places like black silicone like they tried gluing something at one time. The whole thing lights my *** is the guy had a box of all emblems,trim and such that was removed when painted. He had to dig up big box and ship to me next week after picking up the car and that has been few years no answer phone,text or email! So I have been slowly buying this stuff and it is high OE nice + . If you can tell me what I have please do. Thanks for help !

20200730_125825.jpg

20200730_125835.jpg

20200730_125851.jpg

From what I can see in your pics....

Looks like they tried to re-use the original factory gasket. The blobs look like they tried to secure the lockstrips with some kind of adhesive. Unless you can get all of that blob/adhesive stuff removed, I doubt the correct lockstrips could be installed and sit correctly.

I see,I had computer die and forgot about looking at your company. I had bought the trunk lid panel trim from you a year ago and still have not opened yet. can you find a vid of install of the front to see how to do it correctly. Thanks

A hammer a block of wood and lube of your choice. Heres pics of us at Moparfest 2012.
RIP Dad, miss you.
I see,I had computer die and forgot about looking at your company. I had bought the trunk lid panel trim from you a year ago and still have not opened yet. can you find a vid of install of the front to see how to do it correctly. Thanks

moparfest 034 (Copy).JPG.jpg

moparfest 049 (Copy).JPG.jpg

I would like to flush mount like current days no molding but it is above my talent grade,it would end up with a few .45 caliber holes in the car.
Thanks for every ones input !!

i am sure there is a glass company in your area that can convert to stainless
new gaskets and clips are available and
i have the stainless trim

Judging from your pics, I would say whomever did that work does/did not know what they are doing.
Glass guys can be like fly by night roofers.....gasket looks original which is a good thing.

I have had close to 70 A bodys in my life and every time in 40 years I had glass work done I was never happy with finished product. Maybe just where I live they do not know mopars.

Guess I was lucky, the closet local guy was awesome. Think he was more happy to get the call than I was to see him work! He did my front and back and let me assist and learn! Left me some tools as well! They are out there!

He and I did the glass install, I did the trim afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back