67 Barracuda radio dashboard needs patched

-
Reaction score
Hackers cut out the dashboard for the radio back in the day. Any parts car out there I can source the metal to patch my dash?? I'd like to install a retro looking radio installed when I'm done...

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2909.JPG

I fixed one once and didn't want to weld so I cut a patch out of another car and screwed in in with 4 sheet metal screws, bolted in a factory radio and used a uncut instrument bezel which hid the plate and screws, I figured I'd weld it in later if I ever redid the car, but traded it several years ago. I wouldn't want to cut up a good dash structure now days, but they were plentiful back then. You could measure and cut a plate out of sheet metal.

I fixed one once and didn't want to weld so I cut a patch out of another car and screwed in in with 4 sheet metal screws, bolted in a factory radio and used a uncut instrument bezel which hid the plate and screws, I figured I'd weld it in later if I ever redid the car, but traded it several years ago. I wouldn't want to cut up a good dash structure now days, but they were plentiful back then. You could measure and cut a plate out of sheet metal.
Cut a patch out of another car, is what I'd like to do, also. Need a a parts car, I assume. At a minimum maybe I can get a template and make the metal patch myself.. - thanks Mitch

Way easier to replace the dash frame then cut and weld properly. IMO

And I own a welding shop. Still not a fun job to do properly. If you do decide to cut and weld you can get the donor sheet metal from any dash with the same radio configuration. The only funky ones are the roll dial radios. Good luck and keep us posted.

-
Back