67 Barracuda

-

Frank

Reaction score
I'm looking for a flat hood that will work with a 67 Barracuda. Anyone have any ideas except for the 69 barracuda hood??

69 has a beak and unless you change the header panel and grilles it wont exactly work either. BUT a beak nose dart are nearly the same hood as a 69 B-cuda, The inner structure is different.

69 has a beak and unless you change the header panel and grilles it wont exactly work either. BUT a beak nose dart are nearly the same hood as a 69 B-cuda, The inner structure is different.

Yes, the 69 is the only year that they had the "beak" in the hood. :hmph:

Strange but true fact, the Dusters have the "beak" from 73 - 76 and the hoods will interchange between the 73 - 76 Dusters and the 69 Barracudas. :D

I wonder (not sure), but it may seem logical that the flat hood from the 70 - 72 Duster may interchange with the 67/68 Barracudas. It may be worth a try... :cheese:

I thought the 73-76 Dart Sport Hoods and 69 Cuda hoods were the same??? Not real sure, but someone knows!

sorry - and to answer your question - there are no steel flat hood options for 67-68 barracuda. That I know of...
you will need to go fiberglass. there is a bolt-on version of the same hood listed above from aar. you can use it with window regulator springs since they are a lower tension.
http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/products/barracuda-flat-hood-1967-68-bolt

I`ve got a cherry 68 hood,but it has the ridges in it for the inserts OR WHATEVER THEIR CALLED.-woulkd like to get it out of my way------bob

Other model hoods will work with a 69 header panel.
Nothing simple bolt on for 67 68 fish flat header panel. Even the flat fiberglass hood will require mods at springs.

-
Back