67 Coronet 440 2 door Hardtop

-

WildCat

Reaction score
This isn't my car and don't know anything except what I seen while taking pictures

Says 1 owner shows 25,*** miles looks like at least 1 repaint, LONG AGO, maybe some bondo, bias ply tires, last plated in 2005, 383 2 barrel, factory air

anyone interested let me know and I'll pass number along

asking $4,450, I think

Located close to New Albany, Indiana

View attachment TonyBday 004.JPG

View attachment TonyBday 005.JPG

View attachment TonyBday 006.JPG

View attachment TonyBday 007.JPG

View attachment TonyBday 008.JPG

clean it up and drive the wheels off it

View attachment TonyBday 009.JPG

actually looks like a nice car for a driver as is,

Do you hate me??? I was just looking a a 67 Coronet in a magazine today and thought I would love another Coronet.

FRIG!! Similar to one I had 67 Coronet 440....orig 318, but swapped a 383 into it...I want another one!

I like to stop and check out any MOPAR for sale

but I like the 67 Coronets

here is a picture of an ORIGINAL 67 I bought in 96 as a daily driver, original interior, paint 318, auto with ac

someone around KNOX Indiana has or had it and was told there is still one up there, would like to see it today

View attachment FABOcoronet.jpg

My old 67 Coronet, no the gold convertible isn't for sale, just why I stopped

got the number to PM request

hell might call myself and clean it up & flip it

DAM!!! I been looking for one up here in Canada looked at one he WANT'S $7500.for 1/4 of that car I hate these deal's so far away wish I was closer

guess not lol....

Shane sent PM

will send one with my phone

I went and looked at the car and it isn't a bad car, but what I see is the crossmember mount on the right side by the rocker is rusted due to sand and dirt accumulation with sand coming out of both sides but the right side will need repaired in the near future and would not want to driver as is for very long.

It had been painted in the past by original owner probably 20+ years ago with some bonds in both rear 1/4s and the right front fender, but again not too bad concise ring the age of the car. The left front fender and inner fenders are very solid as are the floors, bumpers and most trim is good. There is a small dent in the passenger door that has been popped out but not repaired. The guy tuned it up, put new battery in it and did compression test. It is a 2 barrel 383 and compression was 100-125 in all cylinders. Started and sounded good.

To drive this car minimum will need a set of tires, check and repair brakes, they work but very soft. Drum all around with no power boost, bleeding might bring them up but best to do a brake job. And patch/repair right side transmission mount crossmember.

I didn't drive it but the trans shifted into gear as it should.

I'm going to think about it but if anyone is really interested I will pass info along since I don't know if I want to spend the time and money on it. 1stgot to thinking about flipping it, but then thought buying and using as a daily driver if I could get the AC working and it safe to drive. We have other vehicles for trips I just need to go back and forth to work and like the thought of a cool car for a daily driver.

My estimate for someone wanting an older car that they could drive and tinker with it might make them a great car. To make into a show stopper, would cost too much money. But to drive as is with little repair,this is it.

Hi guys, trawling the Internet and found this post on your forum concerning the 67 Coronet up for sale (2013) well I'm the present owner , I live in England, car has jus been bare metal re sprayed in original Monotone Yellow and suspension, steering and brake overhaul. Do any of you guys have that tel number from the for sale advert ? I'd like to trace its history, I know a Mr F Adams owned the car from new in New Albany IN. Any info will be gratefully appreciated. Al

Good looking car

I don't have the sellers number anymore that I can remember. Do know where he lives. Don't remember the story the guy told me when I looked at it

Was a nice clean car overall, the rust in the transmission mount was the worst.

If I get out that way will stop in and check with the guy.

Thanks Wildcat, that would be great if your out that way. It needed three outriggers rebuilt and section behind rear bumper had rotted so replaced that too. Air con had been upgraded by the guy I got it of in OKC and is ice cold. Car drives exceptional now we've rebuilt the front end and the car now stops ok with new hoses, master cylinder and a fluid change. I was going to put my "Dick Landy" 1970 470ci motor in it but it drives so well with a 4bbl on it that I don't think I'll bother now. Here's another pic guys.

Hi guys, need some advice if you could. When I bought the 67 Coronet my intentions were to fit my spare motor but as the car is so original and runs like a Swiss watch I'm gonna leave alone. My spare motor has sat in the corner of the garage for almost four years after being refreshed and the CR reduced. It's first owner was Dick Landy and the second Tom Nelson who used it in the engine masters challenge in 2003. It's a 71 Cold weather block, stroked to 470ci. I've put my Indy 440-1 heads on it, CR now 11-1, dynoed at just under 700hp. I'm seen a 68 2-dr post Dart in OKC with no motor for sale. The advice I'm looking for, is my motor gonna be easy or impossible to fit in this car ? I imagine as you guys grew up with these cars that someone out there has done it, loved it or cursed it !!!!!!! Really appreciate any advice, Al

-
Back