67 Cuda Fastback seals

-

Fish540

Reaction score
I cannot locate the proper windshield gasket. They have them for the 68 but not the 67, is there really any difference? Can I get the chrome lockstrip to go with the gasket anywhere?

I also need door seals for the same car, again they have them listed for the 2 door HT and convetible but Steele Rubber said NOT for the 67 fastback. How can the doors be any different on the coupe vs the Fastback...does'nt make any sense to me.

HELP!

Thanks alot!

~Dave

wow thanks guys, your replies have been positively underwhelming

hello hello hello hello.....echo

The chrome lockstrip for the 67 gasket can be found on ebay, etc...
I dont know about those door seals. Good luck

The chrome lockstrip for the 67 gasket can be found on ebay, etc...
I dont know about those door seals. Good luck

Thanks alot RedFish. I checked that out...now if i could only find a 67 gasket...but..alas..nobody makes them....i've searched everywhere. So, now my quest is for the 68 chrome moulding needed to use the 68 gasket. Jims AutoParts says "67 gasket Coming Soon!" but when I called i was'nt given any hope of ever getting one, sadly. Man, this is turning into the most challenging part of building this whole car! (and we've had plenty of issues).

Thanks again...8)

The best thing to do is find the stainless trim that goes on the front and back glass. Then order a 68 model windshield and back glass gaskets (Steele Rubber sells the best fitting rubber... the others are poor sealing and will kink) and install clips to hold the stainless trim. I've been down this road before and have finally got everything in hand but just haven't got around to installing it. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys. I asked the seller on ebay that redfish mentioned about a solution to my dilema and he sent me this message back:

You need to find the actual moldings for 68-69. Not lock strip. Also, you'll need to weld in the posts around the window frame where the clips go on.

Thanks, Rich

See our web site at http://www.mopar9999.com

See our ebay store. Please use this link when going to our ebay store. Thanks, Rich and Fran
http://stores.ebay.com/firestone-collectibles?refid=store

These guys have roof rail weatherstrips, not sure about the doors.

You might want to take a look.

http://www.tamrazs.com

Thanks, I do have the roof rail and door seals now, and I bought the rear window seal(gasket) a while back..i think it must be the 68 gasket as they dont make a 67 rear window seal either. Sure seems wierd that they dont seeing as how '67 was the first year for the 2nd gen Barracuda. I bet you can get everything under the sun for the '67 Camaro! Also, it seems like I see more '67s for sale than any other year..so must be alot of 'em out there still.

The best thing to do is find the stainless trim that goes on the front and back glass. Then order a 68 model windshield and back glass gaskets (Steele Rubber sells the best fitting rubber... the others are poor sealing and will kink) and install clips to hold the stainless trim. I've been down this road before and have finally got everything in hand but just haven't got around to installing it. Good luck!

yep, that will be my quest now and I will get the Steele Rubber gasket(thanks! for the heads up). Have you heard of any welding necessary to install the clips?

yep, that will be my quest now and I will get the Steele Rubber gasket(thanks! for the heads up). Have you heard of any welding necessary to install the clips?

No You shouldn't need to weld anything unless you weld a cover over yhose holes created by the factory asket locating tangs along the lower fence.

Thanks again Redfish, I may have some more questions for you once my 68 windshield molding set gets here. Tony's Parts had a set and I should get it next week.

Now, i have a question about ther rear window...do you need the molding to use a 68 gasket? My body man says the way its designed that the gasket is more or less self locking. Is this right? ~Thanks!

Thanks again Redfish, I may have some more questions for you once my 68 windshield molding set gets here. Tony's Parts had a set and I should get it next week.

Now, i have a question about ther rear window...do you need the molding to use a 68 gasket? My body man says the way its designed that the gasket is more or less self locking. Is this right? ~Thanks!

There were 2. One was a single piece self locking gashet. The other was 2 piece with a round black rubber lock cord. I dont know which the aftermarket is making today. Either wat you dont have to have the stainless moldings onhand but... You'll need those clips installed. They stand kust tall enough to rip up your wash cloths and possibly your hands.

You can get the correct rear window seal and lockstrip for the 67 from Steele rubber. I just bought one for mine a month ago. I also bought the lockstrip for the front gasket from them but had to buy a used gasket from a fellow A-body member for the windshield as you are correct, no one makes the 67 one now. The old gasket was kind of hard and coated with sealer but after several hours of work it cleaned up and softened up using Castle Big E cleaner. Good luck.
Mike

You can get the correct rear window seal and lockstrip for the 67 from Steele rubber. I just bought one for mine a month ago. I also bought the lockstrip for the front gasket from them but had to buy a used gasket from a fellow A-body member for the windshield as you are correct, no one makes the 67 one now. The old gasket was kind of hard and coated with sealer but after several hours of work it cleaned up and softened up using Castle Big E cleaner. Good luck.
Mike

Is this a chrome lock strip? Do they have the corners?

Mike

Thanks, MIke. I considered doing as you did and looking for a good used 67 gasket. But I opted for the 68 set up...found a nice molding set for $150. As fas the REAR set up..I bought the 68 gasket quite some time ago so it looks like I will have to use it. Still need to get the molding for it.

Thanks again for all the replies!
~Dave

Yes, its chrome. Not sure about the corners but i think you can get them.

Wasn't that a fine way of doing something in 67? LOL

It has been mentioned that the Plymouth didn't know that the 67 cuda would take off in sales so that's why they used that method first.

It looks like chrome but it is plastic. It fits both the front and rear 67 gasket. I have only found the corners on ebay.
Mike

I was wondering about the corners... they can be found here and there. I need to go ahead and install my 68 moldings and stainless trim. Been slack lately .... but been working my tale off.

Thanks again fro all the help.
Another question: Do any fo you guys have a good supplier of molding clips?
I need them for the door moldings and 1/4 glass moldings. I've searched high and low including R/T Spec. Jim's Auto has some that look simular, but no dimensions, just an illustration or pic.

Help! I really need these..or alotta super glue..#-o:neutral:

-
Back