67 cuda FB progress UPDATE

Metallic GunMetal Grey with Gloss black stripes or Flat black stripes?

• Total voters
-
Door glass and vent window install as an assembly. Glass slides into track of vent window from bottom up.
Then I sugesst 1.5-2" blue tape in all areas that could chip. Best to install with 2 people.
Make sure you have new vertical glass run channel. This is the piece that installs on the door glass and goes against the vent window with the 2 plastic glides and a pin that goes thru a hole in the glass.

I was going to install electric windows and I changed my mind, so now I pay the price for not taking any pictures. I guess I'll be enjoying a puzzle and pray I don't ding up the paint in the process of installing and removing a dozen or more times. SUCKS! No one posted anything of worth on that particular forum or in tech. help. Maybe I'll document what I learned and post something for everyone else that will be going thru this.
Thanks Snkebit for your input. I appreciate it.
:protest: :protest:

I have done many Mopars over the years. I guess that's why I didn't take any pics. It's very straight forward for the front ones. The rear windows tho,,,,,,, I always have problems with them. Actually, I think I left the mech's in the back windows just because of that.

Still looking for 73-74 Dart door glass too.

Door glass and vent window install as an assembly. Glass slides into track of vent window from bottom up.
Then I sugesst 1.5-2" blue tape in all areas that could chip. Best to install with 2 people.
Make sure you have new vertical glass run channel. This is the piece that installs on the door glass and goes against the vent window with the 2 plastic glides and a pin that goes thru a hole in the glass.

Only thing I would add to that is that I taped the window glass to the channel rail in the up position. Was installing by myself.

All good information and I appreciate it.
Funny thing, I installed both of my rear side windows with not much of an issue. They were pretty easy. I guess I just need to dive on in.
It's the brackets and stop plates that got me a little sideways. I'm hopping I will be able to adjust them all AFTER the windows are installed. I hope.

All good information and I appreciate it.
Funny thing, I installed both of my rear side windows with not much of an issue. They were pretty easy. I guess I just need to dive on in.
It's the brackets and stop plates that got me a little sideways. I'm hopping I will be able to adjust them all AFTER the windows are installed. I hope.

Yes, all adjustments are done after. With the front vent window frame, you may need to rotate 90* and then back again to get it in the door. All seals and weatherstrip go in AFTER the glass.

Yes, all adjustments are done after. With the front vent window frame, you may need to rotate 90* and then back again to get it in the door. All seals and weatherstrip go in AFTER the glass.

Thanks!
These are the details that I need.
There were no seals etc. in my car when I purchased it. They were all rotted off the car and I never needed to remove any with exception of the retainers from the felt/whiskers.
:burnout:

You mean all these 67 Barracudas and no one has anything to say about installing the door glass?
Dam, Maybe I should try a ford web site.... Same amount of luck.
Install the vent window frame, install the rearward window track, lay the regulator in the bottom of the door, remove the upper window rubber bumper, remove the Philips screw behind the bumper, separate the track and the frame enough to slip the window with the plastic slippers into the front track and down into the rear track, wedge the glass part way up in the door and install the regulator with the wheel in the glass track, install the Philips screw and the rubber bumper, 10 minutes,job done, no whining and no Ford or Chebby intervention. LOL: cheers:

Install the vent window frame, install the rearward window track, lay the regulator in the bottom of the door, remove the upper window rubber bumper, remove the Philips screw behind the bumper, separate the track and the frame enough to slip the window with the plastic slippers into the front track and down into the rear track, wedge the glass part way up in the door and install the regulator with the wheel in the glass track, install the Philips screw and the rubber bumper, 10 minutes,job done, no whining and no Ford or Chebby intervention. LOL: cheers:

Now that's what I'm talkin about!!!
Bottabing bottaboom. :cheers:

your welcome,, my drivers side 2 hours,,, passenger side 10 minutes...

I did my drivers side last night after you posted the info and it took me 7 and a half minutes.
Although I didn't fine tune the adjustments because I'm still waiting for my felt/ whiskers to arrive. Thanks for the info.

I have just rebuilt the right rear quarter window regulator assembly and have my right rear quarter removed I could post some pictures if that helps anyone!

Man! I wish I was as far as you are. Great Job!

Thanks dragdak!
It only seems like a year ago it was completely torn apart and I was still working on sheet metal. Believe me, a little each day goes a LONG way in the end. When money gets tight or non-existent, I concentrate on refurbishing as much of the little stuff as I can till I find the funds again for the next big purchase.
I will post up a few more pictures later on today after I get them download off my phone.
My transmission parts came in so that will be done this weekend.

here is what I've been up to.
Stripping the anodizing off some trim, straitening them out, polishing them and installing them.
Also, I installed the drivers side door and vent assembly. The passenger side will ne next as soon as the parts get here. Thanks too Barracudakid, I now have the missing vent window and it will work great. He always delivers what he promises or even better than promised. THANK YOU BUD!!!!
Here are a few pictures of the goings on and one shot is of what I used to strip the anodizing off the aluminum trim. I got a back up light switch from an FABO member and I also got my interior lights wired up and working.
The A727 auto will HOPEFULLY be sorted out and put back together this weekend. I hope.
Aaton....

View attachment 0602151608.jpg

View attachment 0602151609.jpg

View attachment 0602151651.jpg

View attachment 0525151425.jpg

View attachment 0525151524.jpg

View attachment 0525151700.jpg

View attachment 0602151610.jpg

View attachment 0602151611.jpg

Nice work! At this point, I hate dealing, with polishing stainless trim. The transmission scenario, seen myself a few times.

Nice work! At this point, I hate dealing, with polishing stainless trim. The transmission scenario, seen myself a few times.

Ya, I have the trans. Issue figured ou but im waiting for a friend who says he can get me a usable donor valve body so I can rebuild it and it'll be a done deal. It turns out that my valve body was made specifically and soly as a reverse manual set up and won't work as an automatic even though we rebuilt it as one. Apparently the valving flowes fuid the opposite direction and can't be changed. If it were originally an auto valve body that was modified as a reverse manual then you could change it back. Guess i screwed up and thought I knew what i was doing again. L.O.L!!!!!!
So I guess I'll be installing the passenger side door glass in tomorrow and NOT my Valve body. DAMIT! !!! And I was hoping to make my tires smoke.....

I got the passenger side door glass put back together and reinstalled today.
Work went slow as it's 87 degrees here today and were not quite used to the heat this early in the year, so I took a lot of iced tea breaks, beer breaks and whatever else was cold to drink. Looks like tuesday I should have the donor valve body for rebuilding and get it installed by Friday. Next weekend is a busy weekend and I won't be playing MOPAR at all. Graduations and graduation party's to attend. I hope I can get thru the withdrawl's

Hey buddy, just because I haven't had time to work on my own cars doesn't mean that I haven't been trying to keep an eye on your progress. Did you get the valve body situation sorted out?

Hey buddy, just because I haven't had time to work on my own cars doesn't mean that I haven't been trying to keep an eye on your progress. Did you get the valve body situation sorted out?

Sorry, I haven't been on much lately. My brother and his wife bought a bank reposed house built in the 40's and I've been helping him Rewire, plumb and repair all the rot.
And to answer your question, yes I did get it sorted out. However, the transmission ate it's self and Now I'm looking for a Usable case. The old one had hidden micro fractures in it that I seemed to have overlooked. Now I'm back to square one with it. I'm a lot deterred at the moment and out of money.
It's now on the back burner.

the transmission ate it's self and Now I'm looking for a Usable case. The old one had hidden micro fractures in it that I seemed to have overlooked. Now I'm back to square one with it. I'm a lot deterred at the moment and out of money.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

ariffle said:
I'm a lot deterred at the moment and out of money.

Don't know how I missed this build thread #-o,
Just read all 17 pages however !!!

'Ol gearheads used to describe a build like Yours in a single word,

RIGHTEOUS !!!

--- just by 'way of motivational input' LOL...

Subscribed !

Don't know how I missed this build thread #-o,
Just read all 17 pages however !!!

'Ol gearheads used to describe a build like Yours in a single word,

RIGHTEOUS !!!

--- just by 'way of motivational input' LOL...

Subscribed !

Thanks Mech1. I appreciate the comments.

Hay John,
I still get on for a bit each week but since the transmission issue showed it's ugly head I can barely go out in the garage and look at the car. I am in a pinch financially and the only way out of it is to keep my head down and work my butt off.
To top it off my 3/4 ton Ram 4x4 cummins has also reminded me that she needs attention paid to her as well. I last drove it a week ago with my wife and two kids for a weekend getaway and upon arriving home my steering went to hell. I climbed under and found two of the three bolts holding the steering box to the frame were sheered off!!!!!
I almost crapped myself upon thinking about how it could have killed us oll comming down the switch backed mountain roads teetering next to clif's. THANK GOD it's a Dodge and not a CHEBBY my son says.... I say Amen to that!!!!
Anyways, I've been rebuilding a house for my brother to take my mind off the lost cruz'n season and am planning on a fun filled winter freezing my ars off working on the Barracuda because clearly I won't be able to enjoy her this summer.
It is good to hear from you John and thanks for checkin in on me. I needed a jump start to remind me of all the fun I've been missing. Hell, I didn't even go to one show this year. DAMN!!!!! :protest::protest::protest::protest:

Anyways, I've been rebuilding a house for my brother to take my mind off the lost cruz'n season and am planning on a fun filled winter freezing my ars off working on the Barracuda because clearly I won't be able to enjoy her this summer. DAMN!!!!! :protest::protest::protest::protest:

Dangnabbit! This house rebuilding crap is like a disease edging out all our car stuff!

-
Back