67 cuda FB progress UPDATE

Metallic GunMetal Grey with Gloss black stripes or Flat black stripes?

• Total voters
-
I hit another roadblock in my progress.I have been laid up since Christmas.
It appears that I have several herniated disks in my back to keep my fractured spine company. It may end up being a couple weeks before I can stand on my own two feet and start to fab, up my exhaust to mate up with my block hugging headers that I just got ceramic coated. All I can do for now is catch up on my forum reading.
Here are a couple pictures of the ceramic coated headers installed.

View attachment 20151220_144245.jpg

View attachment 20151220_144305.jpg

I hit another roadblock in my progress.I have been laid up since Christmas.
It appears that I have several herniated disks in my back to keep my fractured spine company. It may end up being a couple weeks before I can stand on my own two feet and start to fab, up my exhaust to mate up with my block hugging headers that I just got ceramic coated.

Yowzer! - Doesn't sound good. - Better take it easy for awhile.

Yowzer! - Doesn't sound good. - Better take it easy for awhile.

Not sure how much laying down I can take.
I'm more of a doer than I am a spectator. My plan is to get to where I can stand for at least an hour, then I'll be good to stand under my car on a lift and begin cutting pieces of pipe and fitting them together exhaust. Then I may send my pattern out to be copied on a computer/mandrel system. it costs some money but it should be worth it. It's only been just shy of a week but I'm already getting fidgity just laying here. getting old sure sucks!!

Sorry to hear about your back. Been dealing with back issues since I was 20. I know your pain. Take your time and get better!!!

Getting really old, really fast!!!!! lol Gonna try and venture to shop today, will see what happens....:D

It'd be nice if you are able to work a bit out there if only a little while to help break up the dulldrums of sitting in the house. you've been laid up for a good stretch.
i sure hope I can make it back in the shop soon. Good luck!

Just a quick update here to keep my thread alive.
My back is still a mess. seems as soon as i'm feeling up to working again I suffer another setback. :protest:
My car is sitting in a friends heated shop waiting for him to return back from a family visit to Australia. He is going to do my exhaust for me. "Can't thank him enough"
I just wish he were back already as I miss looking at the car in my garage whenever I want to. He won't be back to do the exhaust for another few weeks or so. :wack:
On another note, I'm one Mopar down in my driveway as well. :banghead::banghead::banghead: My daughter suffered an accident and totaled the Stratus. This means I am also out several thousand dollars of my Barracuda funds bailing her out of a bad situation. She is a full time student paying her own way while working part time, so this means Dad needed to step in to help AND spend project money. The unfortunate part is I now am depleted of funds to purchase interior soft goods. I know setbacks are an all to common part of resurecting these cars but this is starting to feel like it'll never be ready for the road.
I did however, purchase her another Mopar of sorts. It's a Neon. She named it "DODGE VADER" I'll post up a few pictures in the next post as they are on my phone.
I changed the timing belt as the car was on borrowed time with 112,000 on the ticker.
Did the water pump, timing belt tensioner, new accessory belts and pulleys, cam seals, cam sensor, spark plug tubes re-seated, valve cover gasket, oil pad gasket, all new motor mounts and strut mounts, new brakes all the way around, new tires, new tail lights, major tune up, oil change, trans. fluid and filter change and fixed water leak's at just about every seal on the body. Now my back is hannered again and i'm out of money for the real project. :wack:
Oh well, what are fathers for. I also had to help my son with his little Nissan p'up. new throttle cable, brakes, clutch, throw out barring, pressure plate, slave cylinder, and a major tune up. At least he paid for his project. Since it's not a Mopar, I would have had a harder time with purchasing his parts. L.O.L!!!

Here are a couple pictures of the car that probably isn't worth the money and time I put into it over the past 3 weeks. :violent1::protest::wack:

Attachments

• 20160210_170745.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 5019.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 20160320_122206.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 20160320_122233.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 20160320_122223.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 148
:protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:The only thing left to do to it now it total it and spend even more money that I no longer have for my 67.

All dressed up & nowhere to go!! With Spring time arriving it's a bummer not to have a pile of new parts ready for the 'Cuda. - Sounds like the Neon ought to be good for another 100,000 miles now. I know they're sort of crap boxes but we liked the one we had years ago. Mid-30s gas mileage. I guess you could sell a kidney if you get desperate for parts!

All dressed up & nowhere to go!! With Spring time arriving it's a bummer not to have a pile of new parts ready for the 'Cuda. - Sounds like the Neon ought to be good for another 100,000 miles now. I know they're sort of crap boxes but we liked the one we had years ago. Mid-30s gas mileage. I guess you could sell a kidney if you get desperate for parts!

Guess you're right John. Kidneys grow back right?
L.O.L!!
It's great to see that you've figured out you're issue with the rod lengths.
I'm excited to hear it running strong on a posted video from you. :blob:

I've been working on the duel 2 1/2 inch exhaust.
I should just about have it finished up this weekend.
Here are some pictures so far.

20160424_165427.jpg

20160424_102822.jpg

20160424_163744.jpg

Nope. Actually they have more clearance than the stock tubes had. There is a ton of clearance.
Tig welding them up tomorrow. I would have had them welded up last weekend but I had a cooling line split on the tig, so with the new lines it should come together tomorrow. (Crossing fingers)

Nope. Actually they have more clearance than the stock tubes had. There is a ton of clearance.
Tig welding them up tomorrow. I would have had them welded up last weekend but I had a cooling line split on the tig, so with the new lines it should come together tomorrow. (Crossing fingers)

WWOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's pretty much completed. Just a couple touch ups here and there. It sounds awesome and no contact on large bumps or speed bumps. Success!!!

I will post some photos of the underside in a bit. They won't load. Looks like the files are too large. I am only able too post the one of the car standing tall in the driveway.

20160501_111624.jpg

Thanks! That means a lot.
It sure has been a ton of work but I'm looking forward too the next build. I learned so much with this build.

This post is for you John!
Nothing to post except that the car is getting a bit dusty.
Lack of funds are the setback. just like everyone else.
:poke:

My daughter calls her Dodge Neon "Dodge Vader"
Vader blew off a bit of steam and his head gasket couldn't take it.
Yesterday I pulled it in the shop around 5:00 pm and by 10:00 pm, I had his head removed.
This morning I dropped it off too my friend to have him see if it's a candidate for surgery.
No word yet, but I started to get the block, pistons and mating surfaces prepared for re-assembly, hopefully sooner than later. He's getting all new valves, guides, seats, springs, cam, rockers, Etc. etc. I sure wished I did this two months ago when I did the timing belt, water pump, tensioner pully's, motor mounts and torque struts...
I think I might put a new radiator in it while I have it's guts all pulled out. I have the room now. harder to do later.
a few photos for your viewing pleasure.
20160605_222145.jpg

-
Back