67 cuda FB progress UPDATE

Metallic GunMetal Grey with Gloss black stripes or Flat black stripes?

• Total voters
-
not sure how to reduce the size of the photo's so I can load them up on here. i'll keep trying to load the others.

I got one to load.
This is the 2.0 Liter with the block deck and pistons cleaned up.
I give up on showing the messed up head.
ever since the new software update it seems like I have more issues with uploading photos than previously.

20160606_212314.jpg

I always have a hard time getting enthused working on 'regular cars'. Our Neon has probably been converted into soup cans by now. I'd gone through the same process as you. - Changed the timing belt, water pump. and tensioners. But when the head gasket went out later, - I called it quits.

Looks like a complete head rebuild for sure.
The two center exhaust valves show previous damage prior to my daughter owning it. Probably another crappy dealer head gasket repair when it was still under warranty. They seem to just do the bare minimum.

Here's why my TF 727 stopped working.
Looks like my rear band came apart and caused irreversible damage too the rear drum. It would appear that the throttle valve was stuck and ate it to the point where it quit working all together. I'm now looking for a good done right and band.
20160720_152103.jpg
20160720_152103.jpg
20160720_152103.jpg
20160720_152119.jpg

I'd send you one if I had one sitting around that wasn't in a good transmission. Maybe you should start a 'WANTED' thread looking for one. There's got to be a bunch of members that have one. The best price I saw on eBay was $45.

I'd send you one if I had one sitting around that wasn't in a good transmission. Maybe you should start a 'WANTED' thread looking for one. There's got to be a bunch of members that have one. The best price I saw on eBay was $45.
Ya. It also needs to be from the same Era from what I'm understanding.

Some good news to report on the T.F. 727.
I was able to locate a low/reverse drum locally.
Now it's wait time for the fedX truck to arrive with the new bands, new clutch and pressure plates and rebuild kit, then the assembly will begin........ AGAIN.......... It's like groundhogs day with this Torqueflite. YES the Torque converter is getting split open and cleaned as we speek. He will weld it up and re-balance it as well. All that for $75.00 He's a good friend, so that explains the cheap price on that. I already flushed the cooler and lines so I'll be ready to go.
I also ordered a new shifter and linkage from B&M as my original one is just to sloppy and I figured that if i'm going to do something about it then now is the time. It's WAY to tight of space to try and fish linkage cables around with the trans and exhaust installed. I think I'm gonna do a LOT of praying when I re-install the trans. this time. I'm getting way to good at dropping these things and re-installing them. The neighbors might start thinking I'm the transmission guy and plug up my driveway with projects. Anyways, I'll update again after the fedX truck drops by for a visit.

I'm happy to report that my torque converter is on it's way here from getting cut open, cleaned, re-welded and balanced . It should be here this evening after my friend gets off from work. Hopefully I'll have the transmission re-installed tomorrow evening after I get home from work. I'll post some pictures and a progress report tomorrow or this weekend. I really hope the new B&M shifter works well for me. I haven't used one, only a hurst before. Wish me luck, I'm praying it goes smoothly and works great this time around.:steering:

I figured you'd have it done by morning. As often as you've gone through the process I thought you REALLY could do it in your sleep! :poke:

Another setback.
The torque converter is not the same one I sent out. A friend of mine doing it for me, mixed it up with someone else's and it's gonna be another wait.
I'm hopeful I'll get the transmission reinstalled sometime this week.
Man, it sure seems like I'm a bit cursed as well aso you John. Always three steps backwards with each step forward. I'm loosing patience, and my summer driving. :bs_flag::wtf::BangHead::realcrazy:

:wtf: I didn't want to hit 'LIKE' and there isn't a 'DISLIKE' button!. Sorry to hear of the delay. - But there's still time before the snow starts to fly.

molysupport.jpg.w300h240.jpg
Well, after further examination, It appears that the Governor support on my 727 is trash. I can't believe I'm just now discovering this. after all the times I've gon over the guts of this thing, I'm still discovering flaws.
\I have one coming next day air and I should, I say should have this dam thing put together and hopefully installed this weekend. I know I've been saying this for several weeks in a row, but I'm feeling that the end is finally near.
Here is what's coming as a replacement.

I got the transmission bolted back in the car today after work but not hooked up.
Tomorrow I'll begin the tedious task of reassembly and getting my new shifter hooked up. I also have to dial in My Lokar throttle valve cable. Locar makes nice stuff but not really Mopar friendly when it comes to the Throttle valve linkage. I've been reading that in order to get this type system adjusted correctly, you need to drill a new hole in the throttle valve arm on the transmission side approximately in the middle instead of using the original attachment location to allow for a more gradual amount of T.V. pressure.
Experiment time tomorrow...:thumbsup::steering:

I'm thinking the link didn't work. ARRRRGGGGGG! I'll try again from my computer instead of the phone.

-
Back