so, while prepping the 318 , installing things like the intake, timing chain housing, water pump, etc. I finally got to the oil pump. The new oil pump was quit stiff as they usually are prior to bench priming them. It took about 10 minutes of priming it before it started to spin as it should, so after it was good and lubed up i put the pickup tube on it and installed it in it's final resting spot, or so I thought... I installed the oil pan then masked the entire engine off before I moved it into the spray booth for a couple coats of sealer then paint. The next day I unmasked it and finished assembling things just prior to placing it in the car. I filled it with break-in oil and verified that it was on top dead center on the compression stoke so the distributor would go in without a hitch. then I realized that after all that, I didn't prime the engine yet. CRAP! So I had to remove the oil pump/ cam drive gear again. of course after I struggled to get it in the correct alignment. It wasn't easy to remove . There is literally no room to grab it after the intake is on. I grabbed a piece of stainless welding rod and bent the tip at a 90 degree so it could grab the back side of the gear to pull it up, but it still wouldn't come up and out. I then decided to remove the plug on the back of the block to maybe get a finger in there to apply up pressure as I pulled on the gear from the top using the welding rod. after 20 minutes of struggling, I finally got it out. Then I had to figure out how I was to prime the engine without a hex head bit long enough. Then I remembered that a 7mm allen fits the oil pump drive gear. I cut a 7mm allen wrench and welded it too a piece of solid round stock and whallah! here is the tool I made.