67 cuda pass.seat smashes dash??

-

T67POWER

Reaction score
Does your cuda's passenger seat --smash the dash-- when put forward to get in the back seat???:angry5:

I don't have headrests, but if I have the seat pulled up to far, yes. It hits. Just have to be careful.

yeah I suppose they all bump but smash ? The padding against the dash doesn't hurt anything.
Turning loose the extended male end of the seatbelt and letting it fly back into the retractor will scar the doors too. Handle with care is all I can suggest.

I freak when someone gets in my cuda ,and lets the passenger seat fly forward and smash into the dash.
I was scared of it cracking my dash pad so i moved the seat all the way to the rear.
Just the other day my girl freind gets out and smash,the seat goes crash into the dash and it breaks the dash trim.
It didn't break in half,but it broke where the screw holds it on on the back side of the trim.
I will have to glue it and use some double sided tape.
Anyway's i was just wondering if anybody else had the same problem.

there are special hindge washers for the seats. These are made of rubber and steel like a front end part. When those are new the seatback doesn't move so easy. It will almost stop at any position. New hindge washers are available. Legondary ? Laysons ? Year One ? I forget where I bought them. Reatoring the seats is the reason I bought new ones. Seeing your post and knowing what could have happened makes me very glad I did buy new ones.
I think anyone who pays a bunch of money for new or restored dash trim absolutely should invest in new seat hindge washers.

Thanks red fish.
I put a wrench on the bolts and they were loose.
I looked and my drivers side seat and it's missing the rubber washers.
The passenger seat works good now.
It makes it stop in any position.8)

Thanks red fish.
I put a wrench on the bolts and they were loose.
I looked and my drivers side seat and it's missing the rubber washers.
The passenger seat works good now.
It makes it stop in any position.8)

the special rubber wahser needs to be on the door side of the seat only. Has to do with where the hand pushes is my best guess. A standard washer or number of them required on the inboard side of the seat. Along with those plastic wear washers that protect the vynil.
You're welcome. Happy Moparing

-
Back