67 CUDA POWER STEERING PUMP HELP

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
When i bought my 67 barracuda someone put on a newer style power steering pump & lines. I have no idea what brackets are missing & which ones i need to find. I put in a 360 stroker engine. Here are some pictures of the pump. Anyone have pictures of what brackets i need ? Thank you

CUDAS POWER STEERING PUMP 084.JPG

CUDAS POWER STEERING PUMP 085.JPG

CUDAS POWER STEERING PUMP 086.JPG

CUDAS POWER STEERING PUMP 087.JPG

CUDAS POWER STEERING PUMP 088.JPG

Are you trying to put that pump on your 67?

Alan
yes it already came in the car when i bought it & it looks new the car is a original 273 car someone up dated things like the power steering pump, engine wiring harness, front brakes ect.

Those brackets should be all you need. The larger adjuster bracket goes through the top right bolt of the timing cover and into the coolant jacket in the engine. The other bolt will go through the timing cover and then through the smaller bracket on the back of the timing cover.

20220319_114917.jpg

20220319_121657.jpg

20220319_141905.jpg

20220319_141921.jpg

20220325_140708.jpg

Be careful if you are using the Saginaw pump in the low position ( 1970 or later pulley system). The rear hose exit on the pump can conflict with the biscuit motor mount on earlier k members.

Be careful if you are using the Saginaw pump in the low position ( 1970 or later pulley system). The rear hose exit on the pump can conflict with the biscuit motor mount on earlier k members.
good to know thank you im not sure what for pump it is

Those brackets should be all you need. The larger adjuster bracket goes through the top right bolt of the timing cover and into the coolant jacket in the engine. The other bolt will go through the timing cover and then through the smaller bracket on the back of the timing cover.

View attachment 1715896851

View attachment 1715896852

View attachment 1715896853

View attachment 1715896854

View attachment 1715896855
awesome thanks i was hoping i didnt have to buy more brackets or different ones

**** !!!! went out to bolt it up & no go my water pump is different i have no idea what year the water pump is It was on the engine when i bought it. The same with the power steering pump Well it looks like im buying different brackets.

WATER  PUMP PICS 001.JPG

WATER  PUMP PICS 002.JPG

WATER  PUMP PICS 003.JPG

WATER  PUMP PICS 004.JPG

Last edited:

View attachment 1715896851

View attachment 1715896852

View attachment 1715896853

View attachment 1715896854

View attachment 1715896855
Looks like it will not work my water pump is different than yours. Also yours dumps out the drivers side mine dumps out the passenger side

There are only two small block water pumps I think.

The aluminum one with the passenger side bottom outlet. This one is about 3/4 of an inch taller than the cast one.

The cast one with the driver side outlet.

I switched from the cast to the aluminum one & basically had to throw away every bracket.

There are only two small block water pumps I think.

The aluminum one with the passenger side bottom outlet. This one is about 3/4 of an inch taller than the cast one.

The cast one with the driver side outlet.

I switched from the cast to the aluminum one & basically had to throw away every bracket.
yep thats what im going to have to do

I could be wrong, but that looks like a TRW pump. Same as our 67 cuda factory power steering. BUT you have the 70 and newer water pump, you could be into a big mess of bs with pulleys etc....I can post pics tomorrow of our 67 if you like?

My 69 cuda has a 360 and I used the Mancini ps brackets & there was a lot of interference with the motor mount (as I said above) I had to use a banjo fitting & have a custom ps hose made. It will be into see if you have the same issue.

I could be wrong, but that looks like a TRW pump. Same as our 67 cuda factory power steering. BUT you have the 70 and newer water pump, you could be into a big mess of bs with pulleys etc....I can post pics tomorrow of our 67 if you like?
yep if you would A little history on it. The original owner bought it new in california. It was a 273 auto. Ray Barton bought it from him to make a hemi super stock. Barton took the 273 & trany out then it sat at his place. Then a friend of mine was having Barton build him a hemi bought it from Barton. It sat at my friends place for some time before i bought it from him. Someone probaly the original owner put in a new gas tank, engine wiring harness from a A body that came with electronic ignition, new shocks & the newer style power steering pump. The pump, lines & pulley look new just a little greasy. So he had to of had it on the 273. All the pictures ive seen of an original 67 power steering pump the neck is round where mine is oval.

Yep I'm wrong, yours is Saginaw. Heres a reference pic.
yep if you would A little history on it. The original owner bought it new in california. It was a 273 auto. Ray Barton bought it from him to make a hemi super stock. Barton took the 273 & trany out then it sat at his place. Then a friend of mine was having Barton build him a hemi bought it from Barton. It sat at my friends place for some time before i bought it from him. Someone probaly the original owner put in a new gas tank, engine wiring harness from a A body that came with electronic ignition, new shocks & the newer style power steering pump. The pump, lines & pulley look new just a little greasy. So he had to of had it on the 273. All the pictures ive seen of an original 67 power steering pump the neck is round where mine is oval.

pumpsrear.JPG.jpg

Great reference picture Steve. I have also learned that the early and late Saginaw pumps are the same, just the tin can is different. They mount the same, so they are basically interchangeable. The only difference is that the return line moves around from year to year some, and that is usually not a big deal.

Late Saginaw pumps have a metric threaded pressure hose fitting that will need to be changed to an early fractional one.
The OP's pump looks early, though.

-
Back