67 cuda stocker...new partsmonsta grilles installed!!!

-

partsmonsta

Massively Over Powered And Respected
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Congrats to my lastest Customer:
FABO Member 69cudastocker on your ultra quick Grille/Headlight Bezel Installation.

Cant wait to see your Wife driving that Beast down the NHRA quartermile.

Thanks for your Biz, the Grilles look SAWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!
:booty::salut::book::cussing::sad11: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Attachments

• 67-CUDA-GRILL-hayek2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 581
  • 67-CUDA-GRILL-RHZ1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 570
Yeah well I wish I was as impressed with your work as you are!!! Also that customer probably appreciates the fact that his grilles came with the park light brackets on them, I guess you didn't think I needed them on mine. Not impressed, not happy and I hope to steer any future customers away from your shenanigans.

I couldn't be more impressed with the work. In fact I just sent out my rear finish panel to be redone. Only one I trust to work on my stuff.

Lol, well feel fortunate as what I paid an arm and a leg for was very amateur at best. I have photos of what I paid for and received that I can send to anybody interested. I'm just curious if instead of black paint on the grilles and headlight bezels if he painted yours or used black tape? Mine are black tape, very unprofessional in my opinion. I also didn't get the grilles I bought with the parking light brackets, and as such I had to find used grilles to now remove those brackets which are riveted on. Not all of the studs were replaced on mine either and the list of issues goes on and on. Just an FYI, I used Shine On Me Trim in California to restore the trunk lid trim and I am more than impressed. Remarkably they used paint instead of black tape.

Lol, well feel fortunate as what I paid an arm and a leg for was very amateur at best. I have photos of what I paid for and received that I can send to anybody interested. I'm just curious if instead of black paint on the grilles and headlight bezels if he painted yours or used black tape? Mine are black tape, very unprofessional in my opinion. I also didn't get the grilles I bought with the parking light brackets, and as such I had to find used grilles to now remove those brackets which are riveted on. Not all of the studs were replaced on mine either and the list of issues goes on and on. Just an FYI, I used Shine On Me Trim in California to restore the trunk lid trim and I am more than impressed. Remarkably they used paint instead of black tape.

first time I ever have seen or heard about him doing bad work! all the pics of his work that I`ve seen , looked like new stuff !! :wack:

Nothing wack about it, I can tell you what I received was not as it was portrayed in his ad. How would you like it if your grilles that you got from him did not have the parking light bracket? How would you like it if the grilles you got had black tape instead of paint? How would you like it if the "show quality" grilles you got had visible cracks in them yet? You thinking he walks on water is wack when you don't have any clue what your talking about.

Steve did a set of 67' grilles for me also and they turned out nice. I will say the mounting studs could have been done better but still good work. not defending him just saying but i too would have been pissed if the signal lamp brakets were missing. Have you gave him a chance to make them right?

I just prefer to not deal with someone that charges a premium, of which I paid what he wanted and didn't complain and then I get a product like I did. I see no reason to give someone a second chance for an individual who advertises show quality grilles and headlight surrounds . I mean how could you leave the park light brackets off????? Use black tape instead of paint????? Not replace all the studs and leave ones in there that the threads are so corroded on I can't get a nut on it????? My point of all this is to just warn others of a potential dissapointment. I honestly wish I could be one of the guys that received work or products from him and was happy.

Guys....I was able to track down my FABO replies to this Guy ('68Cuda416). Turns out I did indeed do some work for him.

He bought a pair of 68 Cuda Surrounds and then later some 68 Cuda Headlight Bezels for his Dad's RaceCar. They were sent to his Father, per his instructions. I think he needs to talk to his Father about missing Brackets on the Surrounds. THIS WAS OVER A YEAR AGO.

When someone wants to buy 67/68 Cuda Surrounds only, I ask them to send the remainder of their parts (inner Grille Chrome, Plastic and Turn Signals), so that I can assemble and align them. It's a TON trickier than you think to line this stuf up CORRECTLY. Customers who like to DYI on this Surrounds always seem to run into problems. And this is a prime example of this.

It's unfortunate that Mike ('68Cuda416) wants to go on FABO and trash me, but couldn't contact me to rectify what sounds like a really small problem.

Check out the below posts...NOW U KNOW THE REAL STORY.

Attachments

• 68cuda416-1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 433
  • 68cuda416-2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 437
Im going to add my experiences with Steve, (PARTSMONSTA) so fabo people can decide what kind of business Steve is running. First let me state, I do not know Steve in any way except through having my parts refinished. He lives in Florida and I live in PA. I have had 2 sets of headlight bezels redone. One for a 67 and one for a 68 Barracuda. I have a complete set of 67 inner and outer grilles done, and also had the 67 finish panel redone. Also, a set of 68 barracuda finish panels. We are now hunting down all the parts for the inner and outer grilles for the 68. So I definitely have a lot of experience with Steve's business. My parts were completed quickly and made beautiful. In full disclosure, One time I was not happy with The paint on a grille. I made Steve aware of the situation and he immediately fixed the job and stayed in constant contact with me. Thats what a person who cares about his customers does.
I am a perfectionist and drive myself and the people around me crazy trying to get things done right. When you look at what Steve has posted, the person not happy with his work thanks Steve multiply times stating he is happy with his parts. I think anytime things don"t go as planned, we should always give the other party a chance to work things out. This guys experience doesn't make sense to me.

Your a liar and a complete idiot!!!! I unfortunately have spent a lot of money on my car trying to get the best parts and services available and can honestly say that most times I feel like I came up way short. So please tell all your customers that you don't use black tape instead of paint? Please tell everybody that you replace all the studs ???? Which you don't and I have proof on my grilles but from your point of view my father took the paint off the grilles and replaced it with tape, my father went through all the trouble of taking the parking light bracket off and doing who knows what with them and for who knows why?????? My father took some of your new studs off your grilles and put old severely corroded ones on them just because he's bored and has nothing better to do. Your a real genius!!!!

I love laying in the sun in my car with the seat reclined, on a cold day. The greenhouse effect is awesome. Best sleep ever.

I bought the whole grille not just the surrounds. I was told they wouldn't have the parking lights in them which was fine as I got reproductions. I did not expect to not get the bracket for the park lights. If you recall our conversation on the phone I had 67 grilles on my car not 68's and they were trashed anyway. In fact if you look at one of your posts for 68 grilles that is the exact one that I received because if you look close there is a crack in the grill fins that didn't get repaired well and you can see it clearly on your post.

And if you go back and look at your posting for 68 show quality cuda grilles the exact picture is the exact grill that I received and low and behold it does not have the parking light bracket. Now whose story doesn't make sense??????

And if you go back and look at your posting for 68 show quality cuda grilles the exact picture is the exact grill that I received and low and behold it does not have the parking light bracket. Now whose story doesn't make sense??????
You know, I believe you. Why would you lie? Just so you know.

I'm still trying figure out why there should have been a turn signal bracket on a 68' grille? Since they never had one:wack:

well, name calling would get your *** kicked around where I grew up! :finga: I was just saying that I`ve never heard ( but one-you) bad mouthing his work. I wasn`t calling you a lier ! :finga: AGAIN ! He currently has my 68 grills to redo. they were in pretty good shape, except for the outer surround and studs, but not good enough for a newly painted fish. I expect a really good job when I get them back . I will report my experience w/ him. I`m sure if you contacted him , he would have made it good. jmo :coffee2:

Bob,
the lol was for the comment above it not for you. the process steve uses for the stud replacement is really the problem. while they are apart the new studs are screws inserted through the exsisting holes with a locknut on the outside of the frame. This could prove to make the grilles difficult to remove if the locknuts loosen thus letting the whole stud turn. As far as sending them back I would rather correct the studs myself than
pay the shipping and risk them getting damaged. the better way to replace those studs would be to tack weld them on the back side before re assembling the frames. the finish work he did on my grilles was very nice and I would use him again with not regret.
Relax Bob it's all good:finga:

-
Back