67 cuda stocker...new partsmonsta grilles installed!!!

-
I'm one of the owners who did their own trim parts renew. First time was long before internet. When I removed the 2 small pieces of trim from the 67 trunk lid I found common 'T bolt' trim fasteners were used. Those weren't going to work in the wide center piece so a very similar design of fastener was special made for that one.
Moving on to the front grilles I had expected to find about the same type of trim fasteners. It wasn't until I disassembled and reassembled these grilles that I realized why a welded stud was used. Too much time required in placing separate fasteners for factory workers. I wasn't assembling 100s of grilles day after day like factory workers. I had the one set to conquer. So I removed all of their welded studs and installed the very same, common, off the shelf, 'T bolt' fasteners that were used in the narrow trunk lid pieces. Worked perfectly. Cadmium plated too.
I also learned the hard way that stretching and turning a 1/4 wide stripe tape wasn't going to stay long term. I had to buy a wide 3M material and custom cut the turn portions. That worked great too.

Sometimes to avoid these kinds of problems, I love the smell of NOS in morning.

I know Steve/PARTSMONSTA and the quality of his work and attention to detail.
He's done all the repair/refinish work on all my '67 GT grille, headlight doors, badges, trunk trim panel, fender, door, and quarter trim. I couldn't be happier with his work.
In fact my comment to him when I picked my Dart GT's Beautiful Jewelry(that's what it looks like now), I told him that I have to work even harder on my Dart overall to be worthy of that trim, and I am a Professional Auto Refinisher, been doing it now for over 40 years.
Only time he aggravated me was when I asked him about my Dog Dish Hubcaps- He told me to stop cheaping out and buy some real wheels... HA HA! I ain't buying no GD wheels- my GTS Wheels and Caps are staying! I'll stop down at your shop and smoke these wheels around your parking lot honking the hell out of the horn while doing it... to hell with those goofball neighbors of yours
Thanks Again Man!
thepaintguy

-
Back