67 Dart Build Triangulated 4 link & Mini Tub

-
Nice!

One question though... What is BAG[ing] a car?

Air Bags. Some guys use them to the extreme taking place of the old school hydraulics like the LOW RIDERS use! Alot of pumps & air tanks are needed to LOW ride with them.

Example: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3i6N4jc8Zc&feature=related"]YouTube- car on air bags[/ame]

Ahhh... I see.. I know what bags are.. you just threw me off when you did it in all caps so I was thinking it was an acrostic for something.

I cut the Subframe connectors today. I also drilled some holes for plug welds to try and stiffin it up some more.

I also took out the bushings and the zerk fittings out of the link bars cause I am FINALLY going to drop the housing off for powder coating tomorrow morning.

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

Looking good Louis,I seen Dude318,s rails butt welded too(nice job)I shoud,ve done mine the same.Oh well carry on!

P.S Nice shocks!I just have the adj. QA-1,s(no coilovers)they work great.

Looking good Louis,I seen Dude318,s rails butt welded too(nice job)I shoud,ve done mine the same.Oh well carry on!

P.S Nice shocks!I just have the adj. QA-1,s(no coilovers)they work great.

Those are actually Strange Shocks with QA1 130lb 12" Springs. Summit had a package deal on them. I had to change out the ends though to fit my application.

James AKA mopardude318 stood his up and cut his floor out! I am going the easy way laying them down.

I also see you are on your way to 10's! That is Bad ***!!:angry7:

Ahhh... I see.. I know what bags are.. you just threw me off when you did it in all caps so I was thinking it was an acrostic for something.

Oh about the painter detailing the under carraige.

He is going to detail it all and paint the underside of the car black, and then drape and tape it all up with plastic aka "BAG IT" before he starts doing the body work and finish painting the whole car. He will do this to keep the dust and other paint colors off of the finished product.

Oh about the painter detailing the under carraige.

He is going to detail it all and paint the underside of the car black, and then drape and tape it all up with plastic aka "BAG IT" before he starts doing the body work and finish painting the whole car. He will do this to keep the dust and other paint colors off of the finished product.

Ok.. Gotcha...

I dropped off the housing off to get powder coated on Monday morning, finally!
The housing and brake brackets etc are going Semi Gloss Black and the link bars and link ends are going Gloss Black. They should be ready for pick up on Friday.

I just installed the subframe connectors tonight. The cage is up next!

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

You know Louis,your really starting to make my work look like chit!Just kidding,great job on the connectors.I can,t wait to see your cage work.:clock:8)

You know Louis,your really starting to make my work look like chit!Just kidding,great job on the connectors.I can,t wait to see your cage work.:clock:8)

Come on Scott, your car is RUNNING and mine is a basket case still! haaaaa:-D

See how simple and no cutting the floor. Good job
Andrew

Yes this is a pretty simple project. It took me about 1 Hour to Fab them up then about 2 hours to scrape and wire wheel the bottom of the car where they would be installed and weld them in. So about 3 Hours total!

I used 1 1/2" x 3" x .120 wall Rectangular Stock and 1 1/2" x 1/4" Flat Stock. The TOTAL cost of materials was about $25.00!

Come on Scott, your car is RUNNING and mine is a basket case still! haaaaa:-D

My car is in three different counties right now! But one day...it'll be you and me lined up on Jefferson in front of Siggy's. But I want a head start!
PS: I guess summer finally arrived, huh?
See You,
Forrest

You want to know what, I forgot about the torque boxes!

I will be fabricating those up before the cage goes in. Need to go the the supply house to pick up some more metal! So many things to remember and not enough time.

What size steel wheels and tires are you using for the front and rear? where did you get them?

What size steel wheels and tires are you using for the front and rear? where did you get them?

15x6 Steelies in the front that came with the car. 15x10 with 4.5 Back Space Steelies in the rear with a 325/50/15 tire. I bought the complete rear tires and wheels from Summit. The wheels are made by Wheel Vintiques, Summit is about $30.00 Cheaper per wheel than Wheel Vintiques is direct.

Come on! Get this sucker together already. :angry7:

I know, I have been working on it for about 45 days on and off now........ I am doggin it! I need to keep at it so it doesn't become one of those NEVER GETS done projects. Getting slow at 43 years old already.

You want to know what, I forgot about the torque boxes!

I will be fabricating those up before the cage goes in. Need to go the the supply house to pick up some more metal! So many things to remember and not enough time.
You know I wanted to put some on my car also,so I,ll be waiting for a good pic of yours before I make mine(LOL)Anything to help stiffen er up!

Yeah I seen that thread,nice job!With the way your building up the 67,you might have to swap engines?LOL J/K

Dang you guys! Now I need to add torque boxes to my winter project list. :angry7: Nice thread and Mad dart you only have a few years on me.

Update,

I boxed the rear shock tower today just to make myself feel better. There will be a heck of a load on that bar when I launch at 3500 Rpm with a transbrake!:angry7:

I also re routed the parking brake cable cause the driver side Subframe connector got in its way. Then welded the bracket back on to accept the 2 parking brake cables at the rear of the car on the Link box I made pass side.

While I was at it I built the 2 front Torque Boxes.

I called on the housing etc at the powder coater and he said it will be ready on Tuesday this week. Hopefully at that point I will be putting it back on the ground!!!!

I will build the rear torque boxes and then post up some pictures of everything.

200 shot??Dang don,t get me thinking LOL.If you stood back and looked at all the work you,ve done on both your cars $$$.If you had to pay someone to do it???$$Your miles ahead doing this yourself.Looking forward to pics of the t.boxes and your cage work.Keep at it!!:clock::cheers:

-
Back