67 Dart Build Triangulated 4 link & Mini Tub

-
Louis you are a busy guy,lol! Sounds like you are in the home stretch and powering to the finish line!

Dont the piston rings have to be gapped correctly for nos?

Louis you are a busy guy,lol! Sounds like you are in the home stretch and powering to the finish line!

Dont the piston rings have to be gapped correctly for nos?

It sure is alot of work but when I am in the garage it takes me away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I enjoy it!

Yes they to, I opened up the gap on the Rings for NOS already thinking that I might smack it.

Yes they to, I opened up the gap on the Rings for NOS already thinking that I might smack it.

Always thinking ahead. Good man. Hmmmmmmmm....... maybe I should go buy some stock in Mickey Thompson before you're finished. :-D Hell, you'll probably go through a set of rear skins a week! :burnout:

Wylde1.

Mad Dart
Just found this thread yesterday and it motivated me so much I finally got off my rump and joined the site. I'm working on a '74 Duster with ultimate goal of a GREAT handling, reliable, street brawler. I've been researching putting together my own tri-4 link for some time but your set-up is way above and beyond anything I've come up with. Any chance you could email a copy of your parts list and any dimensions you may have?

Just finished my mini tubs (5th A body I've done this to) and it is still a royal pain in the butt to accomplish so don't feel like the Lone Ranger in that arena. Started on sub-frame connectors yesterday and will be heading out to the garage to finish those up as soon as I get this posted.

I'm following your thread with great interest so keep it coming!

Thanks, rapom65, ([email protected])

Here are the front torque boxes. I cut a notch in the lowest part of the box for drainage and for a jack stand to fit there. I figured it can work double duty.

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

I boxed in the shock/upper link bar tower.

IMG_1442.jpg

Misc pics of the seat belt provision getting put back in, the parking brake bracket. I also had to relocate the Parking brake cable because the Frame Connector got in the way on the drivers side.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

A man on a mission for sure!I,m the same way Louis I kinda get zoned in when I,m in the garage working on the car.I don,t want to stop til it,s done.Keep up the great work!:clock:8)

Got the housing, link bars and brake brackets back today.

The housing is Semi Gloss Black and everything else is Gloss Black.

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

Zerk fittings, bushings etc installed ready to go in the car when I get enough time to finish the rear TORQUE BOXES and at least get the work done under the car primed and ready for the painter who is going to detail the whole bottom of the car. Chitttt it will not be my problem once I drop the car off right............haaaaaaaaaaa Once the rearend is installed I will put the car on the ground and then the cage will get done.

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

A man on a mission for sure!I,m the same way Louis I kinda get zoned in when I,m in the garage working on the car.I don,t want to stop til it,s done.Keep up the great work!:clock:8)

Work has picked up quite a bit and I am trying to make it happen there first! I feel like it is taking me FOREVER to get this thing ready for paint. Just not enough time. I do get in the zone and I will not talk to ANYBODY when I am truckin along on it. My wife don't like that too much but hey we have been married for 20 years this coming November. She aught to know how I get by now! haaaaaaaaa:-D

Luis,
youve jumped way ahead of me, but I got a new welder and am waiting for the regulator, so I can get busy cutting down the axle and weld all the stuff on.
Andrew

Luis,
youve jumped way ahead of me, but I got a new welder and am waiting for the regulator, so I can get busy cutting down the axle and weld all the stuff on.
Andrew

You know working on these cars is like the waves of the sea, sometimes they are FLAT and sometimes they ROAR! It for sure takes alot of time to get these things done..........some people just dont understand how much goes into these cars. They see the finished product and have NO IDEA what it took to get it there, then lean up against your paint with their Levi Buttons, run their hands down the paint etc...................."Non Car People"

You know working on these cars is like the waves of the sea, sometimes they are FLAT and sometimes they ROAR! It for sure takes alot of time to get these things done..........some people just dont understand how much goes into these cars. They see the finished product and have NO IDEA what it took to get it there, then lean up against your paint with their Levi Buttons, run their hands down the paint etc...................."Non Car People"

I agree 100% I think it was easier building my house. It only too a year.

Everything looks terrific Louise! The housing, the rod ends, the torque boxes, nice work buddy. You are ahead of me! Progress has stopped for me, might pick up later in the year, who knows.

Louis many thanks for the parts list, info and the super quick response. That is one sexy looking rear:bootysha: Now don't ding it up putting it in!

Finally got the torque boxes done.

After this I will hit some welds on the mini tub and under the car with a grinder/sanding wheel and then prime and paint my 4 link work Black then install the Rear Housing! Damn this is a project and a half for a guy with NO TIME!

I will cut some holes with a 5/8's drill bit on the low spots for drainage. I will NOT be cutting in the inspection holes for the front hangers. This car will NEVER have leafs in the factory spot again!!!

Check out my APPRENTICE!! haaaaaaaa
I like using Cardboard for jigging stuff up it helps me alot!

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

Thanks, James.

Trying not to get burn out! I am going to install the rear end hopefully this weekend unless I have to work.
I NEED to set this thing on the ground..............

-
Back