67 Dart Door interchange?

-

Troub

67 Dart 270, 225 slant six
Reaction score
hello all,
Can anyone provide info on what, if any, year doors will interchange with my 67 two door hardtop?
Thanks!
Troub

All 1967-72 Dart/Scamp doors directly interchange with each other. 67 has the hole for the door lock button positioned farther back than the other years.
I have a couple listed in Exterior Parts For Sale, if you're in the market for some.

68 also has the lock button in the same place as a 67. There are some differences in the wing windows. Definitely the handle for the wing window is different on a 67.

Most differences are in the 67 model, from how the vent window is mounted in the door ( upper bracket and hardware ) to how the different arm rests are mounted on the door. So bottom line is, complete door assemblies do interchange but many of their parts do not without modifications.

All 1967-72 Dart/Scamp doors directly interchange with each other. 67 has the hole for the door lock button positioned farther back than the other years.
I have a couple listed in Exterior Parts For Sale, if you're in the market for some.
Thank you, do you have whole assemblies or just the door shell? What year/years?

Most differences are in the 67 model, from how the vent window is mounted in the door ( upper bracket and hardware ) to how the different arm rests are mounted on the door. So bottom line is, complete door assemblies do interchange but many of their parts do not without modifications.
Thanks, that’s the info I was looking for regarding the “bolt on” readiness of different door years to my 67.

Thank you, do you have whole assemblies or just the door shell? What year/years?
The ones I have on hand are rust free shells. You would swap over all of your existing internals.
They all have the later lock button location, but if it would be a help, I can weld those holes closed and you can redrill them in the 67 location.

The ones I have on hand are rust free shells. You would swap over all of your existing internals.
They all have the later lock button location, but if it would be a help, I can weld those holes closed and you can redrill them in the 67 location.
Thanks for the reply, my concern is the easy swap/mounting of any internals without mods?

Thanks for the reply, my concern is the easy swap/mounting of any internals without mods?
All of the internals swap without issue.
You MAY have to redrill the pivot point hole for the door lock bellcrank, but the actual structure is the same for all 67-72 doors.
OR, if dead nuts originality is not an issue, I can send along the 68-up lock button hardware.

All of the internals swap without issue.
You MAY have to redrill the pivot point hole for the door lock bellcrank, but the actual structure is the same for all 67-72 doors.
OR, if dead nuts originality is not an issue, I can send along the 68-up lock button hardware.
No vent window, arm rest,other issues like those mentioned in RedFish’s reply?

-
Back