67 dart gt convertible V8 production numbers?

-

Jimber

Reaction score
I have a 67 dart gt convertible 273 4BBL automatic. Does anyone know how many of these were built?

Here's what I have...from our resident "numbers-guy"...

Production of 1967 Dodge Dart GT convertibles, for the American market :
>
> 6-cylinder : 1,761
> 8-cylinder : 1,626
> TOTAL : 3,387
>
> A further 342 (6 & V8) were built for Canada.
>
> Bill
> Vancouver, BC

BTW, I believe all '67 Darts were built in the US.

Here's what I have...from our resident "numbers-guy"...

Production of 1967 Dodge Dart GT convertibles, for the American market :
>
> 6-cylinder : 1,761
> 8-cylinder : 1,626
> TOTAL : 3,387
>
> A further 342 (6 & V8) were built for Canada.
>
> Bill
> Vancouver, BC

BTW, I believe all '67 Darts were built in the US.

Do you know how many '67 Dart GTS 383 4 speed convertibles were made?

G.G. says there were 1,698 273-4 with an automatic in both the hardtop and conv. If you use the same percentage from the total hardtops vs. conv's, it would be about 1/10 of that total or around 170. That's just a guesstimate as I don't see any further breakdown on your model.

Do you know how many '67 Dart GTS 383 4 speed convertibles were made?
The book I have doesn't break it down between hardtops and convertibles but it shows a total of those two being 229. That year shows about 10 times more hardtops were made than conv's so, at that ratio, it would be around 23 made.

The book I have doesn't break it down between hardtops and convertibles but it shows a total of those two being 229. That year shows about 10 times more hardtops were made than conv's so, at that ratio, it would be around 23 made.

My Mrs. had a yellow 67 Dart GT with black top and interior when I met her. It had a 2bbl v8 that I always assumed was a 318, but that was so long ago (71/72) I have no way of telling now.

She put each headlight on an different side of a big tree in a snow storm, and it was never really the same after that.

The only 2bbl engine in that year Dart was a 273. They made lots of those.

I heard somewhere that there were about 70 V-8 2bbls convertibles, and about 20 4bbls convertible dont know if its true

I have two 67 GTS 383 4-speed convertibles and have seen a few more, I also have a 273 4-bbl vert too! The number of the 383 verts made is accurate and there really is no breakdown of the 273 and slant verts.

Heres the legit 383 4 speed Dart GTS convertible I've been talking about. ROTTED TO DEATH!!! Its not for sale so don't ask. Owner supposedly has the original drive train & fender tag (build sheet?) Still has the 8 3/4 rear underneath. Was a dark blue with blue interior and white top. One of the rarest A-bodys ever. This is the car I got my floor hump out of.:-D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,468
  • 2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,537
  • 3.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,450
  • 4.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,482
Heres the legit 383 4 speed Dart GTS convertible I've been talking about. ROTTED TO DEATH!!! Its not for sale so don't ask. Owner supposedly has the original drive train & fender tag (build sheet?) Still has the 8 3/4 rear underneath. Was a dark blue with blue interior and white top. One of the rarest A-bodys ever. This is the car I got my floor hump out of.:-D

Rhino...whew....thats one's rough!

The owner won't sell the car but will let someone cut the floor hump out of it?? Must be a strange owner......

the model on my car was a dart convertible V8

but it was a 225 slant 6

seen a 383 Dart convetible at the Carlisle show years ago

View attachment 219514

repo of my window sticker

Cool stuff...does anybody know where I could find breakdowns on prices for the individual options for these cars? It's interesting to see what they went for at the time.

Is this the car that was at Carlisle?

Attachments

• GTS67_1.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 1,406
Cool stuff...does anybody know where I could find breakdowns on prices for the individual options for these cars? It's interesting to see what they went for at the time.

That is it!

If you have the fender tag you can get a repo window sticker

Did a pencil rub over the fender tag and gave the guy the other info and he made the window sticker. I'm thinking it was AAA enterprises here in Indy. Had done at the mopar Nats in 1994.

I spy an M code 'Cuda in the background:iconbigg:

-
Back