'67 Dart GT in San Diego

-

S/6nt-SIX

Reaction score
Good morning,

I'm glad I'm stumbled across this site! Just happened to be looking for what's available for a 225 with an automatic. I bought a '67 dart gt right before this deployment and am almost home. This is my first mopar (aside fom a 98 Sahara Wrangler... not counting that) and fell in love with it on site. It's gutless right now, but with some motor/tranny work (MAYBE a newer hind quarters) we'll see.
I was leaning towards the idea of yanking the 225 and pulling a donor 318. I found aussiespeed so we'll see where I land since that was EXPENSIVE. Any slant 6 gurus out there?
:burnout:

Attachments

• 389269_10150811125757572_2050545812_n.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 177
First, thank you for your service.
Welcome to FABO from up the coast a ways (North OC). You're going to have fun here.
Nice looking '67. Looks like a solid start. First thing I'd do is lose the long rear spring shackles - both ugly and dangerous.

Thank you...
Those leaves are going right along with the shackles. I'm thinking about a corvette suspension, but if I run into a deal just coils with some bilsteins will make me happy. Not fond of how it sits, or the Cragers that are on it right now, or the paint job with the crooked vinyl stripes down the sides. It does have a straight body, it runs, and I can't wait to jump into it.
Thanks again for the welcome

Reily motorsports sells a nice four link and coilover set up if you really want to go that route. Nice car. I really miss my '67 GT I had in the eighties.

Nice lookin Dart. Where you live/ stationed? Haven't been to San Diego since the mid 70's. I was stationed at (used to be NAS) Miramar, 70-74, and ran all over San Diego, had several friends back then, down around National City, Paradise Hills. Friend of mine I just lost worked radio communications at Scripps, was aboard several of their ships/ vessels.

Welcome to FABO! Lots of great members and info here. I bet it won't take you long to get your Dart to the way you want it. Thank you for your service and hurry home.

Greetings from the Poway area here. That is a really nice find and looks like a great start.

99.9% of the people I have met and dealt with from San Diego on here are stand up guys (with one exception). You will be impressed with the amount of assistance and knowledge that will come from this site. It really is the best A-body source on the Web. There are a ton of Slant 6 guys on here (SlantSixDan and Bill Dedman come to mind) that can help with any issue that you run into along the way.

When you get back from deployment (thanks for your service, by the way), make sure to get a Factory Service Manual for your car (you should find one on Bishko Books) and start wrenching and see what happens.

Also there are cruise-in that go in La Mesa, El Cajon and Escondido. One is Wednesday, one is Thursday and Cruisin Grand (Escondido) is Friday. I personally have never been to La Mesa or El Cajon, but I enjoy Cruisin Grand.

Here is some reading to get you started:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=197489

Once again, welcome and enjoy!

Mischiefdart - Thank you, I'm googling that. I can't wait to get started on this project.
67dart273 - I actually am out of (now MCAS) Miramar, and live in Carmel Mountain. I get back in a few weeks and moving to Poway. I've been there since 2010 and LOVE the San Diego area. I feel for your loss, good friends are hard to come by.
69CudaFan - Thank you!!! Awesome post... I had already looked a blowers for the thing. I'm a little leary about keeping the 6 and expecting what I want out of it. The manifolds that will work are around 500-600, but I should be able to get an M90 (or similar) for around 300. I'm not even home yet, but I like planning things out and then following through.

Welcome bro, and thank you for your service!

I live in Escondido, and am looking forward to meeting you! Should definately come hang sometime once time permits. There are a lot of local FABO guys, and while it can priove difficult to get us all together, they are all great dudes!

Definitely... I don't have very many connections with people that can trade parts/work or understand what I'm talking about if I get onto the car topics. I'm not Mr. Wizard or some Master Tech that's super certified... I just have fun. I've heard about the Cruisin' Grand and will be back in time to see it a few times before it stops for the winter.

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• B3 Side Shot.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 94
-
Back