67 Dart GT question

-

Brad67

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 67 Dart GT with some oddball options. Or at least stuff I haven't noticed on any or many other cars here in Newfoundland. I was wondering if you guys would be able to tell me if any of you have noticed anything similar on cars you may come across.

1) It has two tone paint. Daffodil yellow on bottom, black on top
2) It has bucket seats, with no center consol. Gear selctor on the wheel
3) It originaly had no radio. Just a radio delete
4) Production date according to fender tag is June 31

If heard of a few cars having the two tone paint, but majority that I see are all one color or vinyl. Most cars I've seen with the same seat and gear selector set up have buckets and center consol or bench with selector on the wheel. the only one I've notice like mine here was a 70 Hemi Cuda. I know the radio delete is fairly common, but usually on a performance car from what I've seen. And the production date just confused me all together. I decoded the tag and vin a couple of times to make sure.

Any info you guy could provide would be great!

Brad

I have to second that learning something new about the GT pkg. The radio delete I could understand, but the car sounds so basic for the GT pkg. What is the engine?

Console optional

My 67. Barracuda and 67 Dart GT was auto. On column and bucket seats

Both had factory standard buckets, a bench seat would have been optional

I had a '67 GT many years back. It had buckets and center console with floor shift. It had the fender mounted turn signals, and no vinyl top. I bought it from the original owner, who's father gave it to her as a graduation present. After researching it, I found that it was an original 273 4 bbl car, but her father had the 4 bbl removed before giving it to her.

I have to second that learning something new about the GT pkg. The radio delete I could understand, but the car sounds so basic for the GT pkg. What is the engine?

The engine was a 225 slant six. I swapped it out for a 273.

Thanks for the info guys!

my 67 GT "decoy" came with same interior as my GTS but with no console and column shift. It was strange since it had remote mirrors and light package and factory air and radio. It came 273 4 bbl. I had an extra console so I went to Academy Sports and picked up two stainless cup holders and fabbed a plate to fit where shifter normally would be and still have storage in back. Since there was no place to sit a beverage this is handy as a shirt pocket, Joe

Brad, the painted roof was optional. Not very common as opposed to the vinyl top. The buckets/column shift combo I found more popular in LA built GTS's than Hamtramck built for the 68/69 model years. Still unusual anyway you cut it!

I don't know about the 67 GT but my 69 Custom was a two tone the top was white and the body was gold

Buckets without the center console provided a foot path for toddlers and pets.
They would utilize it too, faster than you could fold the seat back forward. LOL
Just another of the many combinations that were available back then.
Two color paint schemes that were once very common had just about disappeared by 1960. Every mfgr has revisited it from time to time. I imagine they are glad it never gained widespread popularity again.

-
Back