67 Dart Rear Spring Relocation

-

moparichard

Love MOPARS
Reaction score
Not the end of the world...but I can see it.
I've read some of the posts but wonder if someone would suggest the best supplier for a relocation kit? I want to move my rear springs in 3/4 inch.
I've seen supplier names like RMS, PST and MOPAR but don't know who sells the easiest to install and which has the best quality.

I just moved my springs in on my 72. Got the boxes from Reilly motorsports. The holes for the front leafs are predrilled so it was the easiest to get the front springs lined up correctly.

i used the base kit from mopar (mancini racing) but i made my own boxes for thicker material

I still have the boxes but there is a hole drilled in them

If I read your post correctly you want to move them in 3/4". Use either the Mopar offset shackles and spring hangars or what Dr Diff has.

If I read your post correctly you want to move them in 3/4". Use either the Mopar offset shackles and spring hangars or what Dr Diff has.

Yeah, sounds like he is offsetting his rear springs, not relocating them. Big difference.

I have an original set of offset shackles, front mounts and ss springs. from mopar with ss springs. They were installed on a 71 duster in 72 for use of slicks. It was a drag car. I will be taking them out this coming week If intersted I can take pics while still in car if intersted. The perches will need to be moved in on your rear. They did not do this on my car, they redrilled the center pin and notched the perrch for the u-bolts. This was a drag car from 72 to 74 and was parked . so there is barely 2000 miles on the springs. There is only 4,326 on car I will be using a different housing and factory 340 springs so I will not need them.

The offsets move the springs in 1/2"..Dr Diff clued me to this a few years back...I always thought it was 3/4" too, 'till I measured the offset perches vs the stock ones. I wondered why in the past it always seemed like my springs were ever so slightly "twisted". It was because I was moving the pads 3/4". Still workes great without the mini-tub and spring re-location to get a bigger tire in.

-
Back