67 Dart Resto w/5.7 hemi

-
I am new to this site and saw your project. From one 67 Dart owner to another....Awesome Awesome Awesome! Good luck with getting it started its gonna be a dream!

Mark

So after all the b.s., it turned out to be that narly cam----oh the back luck with having a hot cam, new computer, and a tune on top of that. Some guys have all the luck, even if it's bad from the start. I'm envious of getting the 05' stuff, my 03 stuff makes me feel like a 1 legged man in an *** kicking contest.lol.

Been following your thread for a while now, and really like what you've done so far. Just a few questions about the predator and computers. From what I gather the Predator is just a piggy back system for the factory computer in order to allow alterations to be made to the computer?

Also, what are the advatanges the 05 computers have over the 03?

When all else fails "Seek professional help"

When I herd of the predator for the '03, I was going to jump on it right away and then decided to hit different forums to find out that the fact that the '03 has two different computers one for the motor and the other for the tranny they had made a program but it was never finished because they have had difficulty in figuring out how to manage the tranny along with the engine without jeopordizing the marrying of the computer with the car. So at this point they still have not figured it out and according to a little bird out there it wont be done either. So to avoid that it was mentioned to me that the predator was made to be as you said a piggy back but at the same time it can program a hole lot more and it also allows you to go bigger on the cams and horsepower with special programing. So to me it sounds like a win win situation.

the predator will give you alot of adjustablity with the 5.7L and it will make your life easier! i have a predator for my 06 charger with the 5.7L and it helped alot when i swapped out the cam. what is nice you can record some parameters and adjust to get even more power

Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?lol

I have been reading this thread for a while and have enjoyed it. I talked to Fastman EFI over the phone a couple of weeks ago and he was helpful to say the least. I will being purchasing my EFI system for him. I talked to him again at Mopar Nats and he answered every question I had and offered to help tune my car thru my computer over the internet. Good Luck on your project, my 67 Dart convertible with thw 2006 charger 5.7 now with a XM Motorsports intake with a new billet throttle body, Frank Racing Sparrow cam, pack springs and 6.1 rods. I hope to install the cam package in about a week or two.

I have been reading this thread for a while and have enjoyed it. I talked to Fastman EFI over the phone a couple of weeks ago and he was helpful to say the least. I will being purchasing my EFI system for him. I talked to him again at Mopar Nats and he answered every question I had and offered to help tune my car thru my computer over the internet. Good Luck on your project, my 67 Dart convertible with thw 2006 charger 5.7 now with a XM Motorsports intake with a new billet throttle body, Frank Racing Sparrow cam, pack springs and 6.1 rods. I hope to install the cam package in about a week or two.
I am glad to hear that you have been keeping up and hope that it has helped you to make up your mind and that you are able to learn as to what needs to be done to perform this type of swap. It has been an Eye opener for me and a great experience. Good luck on your build and keep us posted.

How about some pic's?

What's the time line on getting the new stuff?

We are not there yet. But you know if the guy from Hotwire sees that you are bothering me for it he might just ship it sooner.lol
I would asume that another week to 10 days it should be here. I already got the computer,O2 sensors and the starter ready for the harness when it comes in. So hopefully by the end of the month I will be able to get that baby purring.

Just remember, "If it were easy, everyone would be doing it!" When your done, you'll have a nice ride and a tremendious feeling of self accomplishment.

That is true. It has not been easy but like you say at the end it will be well worth it. I love my car therefore I know that I will enjoy it.

Well guys while I await for the wiring harnes I decided to start making the tranny tunnel so this way I can install it as soon as I run the wiring harness. I am going to ry to do other things while it gets here. This one is just a rough one for measurements. Remember I am Not an expert at this. So I figured I would give you some **** to look at. \\:D/
CIMG0101.jpg

Now make the final piece and weld it in permanent.

I now have to use a belt that is 105.5 inches and had to make a pulley out of billet aluminum to make it all work. Now there is NO chirping or whining from the belt and the tensioner is right where it should be. This only took 6 months to figure out, better late than never!

Anything, anything at all???????????????????????

Looks like a cool install. I was wondering what cam are you using. I have a 5.7 with 6.1 cam and intake with hotwire harness and a B & G Flash.

resize Cema show 6-9-07.jpg

Well Guys I have just received the wiring harness from Hotwire and it looks real good. The computer for the '05 I also got. It will need to be flashed to be the same as another 05 ram truck. Got that covered. Once it is flashed I will be able to put (0) miles on the same. I am exited so far. I ordered the predator from KFC Performance and that is were I am concerned because the owner clearly told me that he would have the program set up on it and shipped out to me and it has not arrived yet. I was supposed to get it by no later than this week and I called him today and he stated that it should be next week sometime because he has not received the programers and he has other people infront of me. That is not right but I will give him a chance to make good. He is here local and I am hoping he does good. I checked and he already pulled the monies from my account. So we shall see what happens there. It seems like when everything is going good all the sudden something happens and there is a set back.

GDemon your ride is looking real good. I like the color. Per your question I am using a Comp/Cam 269/273 Slightly bigger than the mid range cam. This one was custom to this motor and hopefully it will push out slightly bigger numbers. I made some measurements with my machine shop guy and he is used to working on Nascar Motors and new Inventions and he suggested this for mid range. I have a secondary motor that I am hoping to get to him and this one is to be ported and all the goodies that can go with it and hopefully when the moneys are good I am looking to put out a 5.7 bored out enough to turbo the same and push out 1,400 to 1,500 HP. So lets just hope that the monies come inn. Or lets say the work.

Gdemon, more **** please!!!!

Hey guys

Its great to see some other hemi conversions. I was wondering if the Diablo would work. It will be great to see how your car runs with it. Im using a 2004 manual trans truck computer with a flash from B & G. I have put about 1500 miles on mine .

resize side.jpg

-
Back