67 Dart Resto w/5.7 hemi

-
I guess once it comes inn and I program the car I will let your guys know. Knowing, 5.7 he will want more ****. He is a real Sicko.lol and Tin dosn't stay behind. They love this car ****. So My sugestion is give it to them. Not to say I love it too. So overal we are all Car Crazy.

I guess once it comes inn and I program the car I will let your guys know. Knowing, 5.7 he will want more ****. He is a real Sicko.lol and Tin dosn't stay behind. They love this car ****. So My sugestion is give it to them. Not to say I love it too. So overal we are all Car Crazy.

Yea, that 5.7 is a real sicko, I saw him on Dateline, they had him on video survelance going into a speed shop and fondeling the pistons.......:-D

I LOVE THIS CAR **** , I think I am addicted. I have been playing my project some. Got tired of nothing but body work and did a start on the engine, I hope you like it.

PS..Fme for being an a hole.

I beat you to it........sorry for me.

Keep building and teaching us and I will quit my day job of trying to be funny.

Mop

You guys are hit the nail on the head with the car **** stuff, love it, need it, and cant get enough of it!!!! Kzcountry, how do you like that intake manifold from XV? I was gonna go that route, but took a 90 degree turn and went with car intake on the truck motor, and what are you planning to do to the hood? I thought the judge sealed all those records, off to court again!lol! How is it I'm the only one on video, you guys were there too?

Thanks for the comments. The hood will have a Hemi Scoop i found in a yard sale in Ohio for $20 dollars and looks great. I am working on the hood right now and hope to have a picture in a week or so. The intake fit well and I like the looks, I have not started it up yet because I am still waiting on my cam, 6.1 springs and rods from Frank Racing. I am purchasing a computer system either AEM or FAST in the next few weeks. Yall keep up the car **** it is keeping me going.:burnout:

Guys it is so good that we can all get along and enjoy each others projects and keep this going. The **** is great and we all have something in common.
Today I was able to remove the old wiring harness and install the new one from Hotwire. I will say that they know their stuff. So far everything has gone inn as planned. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to keep going at it. I removed the Bad starter and when I was going to install the new one it turns out it was the wrong one. So I will have to wait till monday to see if they have the right one in stock. As far as the Predator we shall see if it comes inn this week. Will keep you posted.
KZCountry I must say that your build is looking awesome. Keep those pictures comming. We love it.

More **** is welcomed. I should have some pics for ya on Sunday, if, and that's a mighty big, if, I can get out to the garage for a few hours, wife is working soooooo much, she just wants to relax, sleep on her only day off.

I finally got the Harness from Hotwire. I will say that it looks great. Would I do Any changes maybee. Lets say I installed the harness and hooked everything up in the engine
compartment and it all went great. I noticed that in the section of the harness were the same rests on the fire wall I would perhaps add something thicker so the shrout would
not cut itself with the metal. I did add some edge moulding the one that goes arround the door to avoid the same but it was too late. Other than this you can see here that
the harness is simple and all you wind up with is the wires that will get the power and the ones to the Brake, Ignition run/start,brake light ,reverse light and I think thats about it.
Check the pictures out.
CIMG0112.jpg

CIMG0113.jpg

CIMG0111.jpg

CIMG0110.jpg

If I knew it was going to be that easy I would have done it a long time ago. So far I am Happy with it. Still no Predator at this time. So I will continue to install the wiring
and get it ready so when it does come is I can go ahead and crank it right up. At that time I will post some video:cheers:

Well it's about time you got off the lazyboy and did something,lol! That harness was reallllllly simple to do, wasn't it? A few more wires to hook up and it's off to the races. Now how about that Pred., when do you think you'll have it? Have you thought about just using 1 plug wire for each cylinder? It only cleans up the engine, not a damn thing for power or performance.

Would I be able to do that with the same harnes? I do have an extra set up that is that way. I was not sure if I could use the same or if it would make a difference in power. If not I would definitely do that and as you say clean up a little in the compartment.

Hi
67 limecrazy I was wondering what computer are you using year and vehicle. did you get it from Hotwire also?

Thanks

Hi
67 limecrazy I was wondering what computer are you using year and vehicle. did you get it from Hotwire also?

Thanks
Gdemon the computer I am using is from a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 two wheel drive. The computer I got thru a friend of mine and the harness I got from Hotwire. As I mentioned before. With the Cam that I am running and the fact that the '05 has the TCM and ECU together, Diablo (Predator) is able to communicate basicly with everything and I can change more parameters on both the Tranny and the ECU. I Beleive that Hotwire has the computer also but I found it to be a bit high on the price about $650.00 and I know that you could find it somewhere else for less than that.

Just rip off the old plug wires and put the shorty's on. See what a difference it makes?

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. 08102009 002.jpg

Gdemon the computer I am using is from a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 two wheel drive. The computer I got thru a friend of mine and the harness I got from Hotwire. As I mentioned before. With the Cam that I am running and the fact that the '05 has the TCM and ECU together, Diablo (Predator) is able to communicate basicly with everything and I can change more parameters on both the Tranny and the ECU. I Beleive that Hotwire has the computer also but I found it to be a bit high on the price about $650.00 and I know that you could find it somewhere else for less than that.

Yea, but you are still going to need to get your computer re-programmed, right?

Negative Tin. Once the Predator comes inn it will have the program already in it to download. I am Getting it from KRC Performance and Marty is going to make the program so my motor will run the way it should. He had promissed for me to have it by last friday and then he said that the programmers had not come inn yet. At that time when I spoke with him he then prommised it for this friday. So lets see what happens. I just hope he is a man of his word. But we all know how things go in this industry.

Still waiting impatiently for this Programmer. To top it off the rain is killing us here in florida. Just found out that we are flooded again to be able to get back to the car. This Sucks big time.

Still waiting impatiently for this Programmer. To top it off the rain is killing us here in florida. Just found out that we are flooded again to be able to get back to the car. This Sucks big time.

I'm rear curious to see how that is going to work out. I was under the impression that you needed to re-program the computer to get rid of all non-essentials. Then you could use the Diablo to make any tweaks to the motor and trany. I hope it works out for ya, then I could do the same with mine.

I don't think you need to re-program to get rid of stuff, the computer is not as finicky as the car computer to my understanding. The wiring harness plugs into every plug so the computer see's what's going on---the tune from diablo expands on the stock parameters so you can run ported heads, cam, stroked motors, etc.

5.7 you are absolutley right about the computer. Watever has been disconnected from it that has nothing to do with it or does not matter. Like you say it is not as finicky when it comes to those items. The Predator is sort of a piggy back system that taps into it and is able to make changes on the motor and the tranny. As in my case the cam is bigger than the normal and the vacum is less and it can be controlled by the Predator. Many other parameters can be changed. If it would finally come inn I would be able to show you how it works. As a Matter of fact I might just record it and post it on a video as I program the car. Hey that really sounds like a good Idea. More **** for you guys!!!!!!!

Just rip off the old plug wires and put the shorty's on. See what a difference it makes?

5.7, what's the deal with the shorty wires? are you not firing a plug on each bank, but instead firing the two in one cyl? please explain?

-
Back