67 dart survivor found

-

highflyer

Reaction score
67 dart gt 273 commando..150 thousand miles 99 percent original..no rust that i could see.273 auto runs very good...origanal rallys,,black bench seat ..interior great shape..rebuilt auto trans..was yellow now gold...supposedly sat in a garage for 15 years...missing fr window trim...dash nice..pwr/str...id like to make him an offer,but hes got gold bricks dancing in his eyes...but he is realistic...anything sells for what one can get for it,or for what one well pay....but how much should this sell for...he thinks about 18 thou but i dont think so...what does everyone or anyone on this site think...all comments appreciated...tx...j

A repaint and 150K? I'm not sure that qualifies as a survivor. I think he is dreaming. Since when is sitting in a garage for 15 years a selling feature? I always get a kick out of that line. Without pics, I'm thinking less than half that.

Personally I think 18 thousand is a little too much. I agree just because it sat for 15 years does not make it more valuable. Plus 150 thousand is alot of miles. I could see if it was a survivor with 20,000 miles on it, but not that much. Just my 2 cents.:toothy8:

A car has to have at least most of its original paint to qualify as a survivor. Make sure there's no rust hidden under that paint. If there isn't and it is in good mechanical shape it might be worth about $5-6,000.

"original rallyes"...not on a '67, no sir. 1st rallyes were in '70.

:worthles:

Is the 5th VIN digit a "E"? If not, its not a Commando car. Not every 273 engine is a Commando/Charger.

It sounds like a good resto project.
150,000 miles? Worn out drivetrain if it's original and never been rebuilt.
Rallye wheels? Looks nice but not original.
Sitting for 15 years? Gotta go through the brakes and the fuel system at least. ALL fluids would have to be replaced.
What about paint and body? Any rust at all? Hard to believe. You said it was repainted a different color, so that makes it a non survivor.
Pics would go a long way here.
I don't mean to burst your bubble man. Not at all. But you need to know what you are up against.
A good project car? It probably is.
Survivor? I doubt it. Everyone has their own definition of that anyway.
Pick it up for under 5 grand and restore it, that's all it's worth at best. It's not a super rare car.
And tell him to stop watching Barrett Jackson.
My opinion, FWIW.

i think moparker hit it right @ $3500 & thats the high side. get some pics up then we'll have it in your driveway for $500 . if hes thinking 18k its probably gonna sit another 15 years & triple in price.

Also, no way to say for sure it's only 150,000 miles. He needs to let you look as closely as you want.

I would have to agree with what has been said here already. Value maybe $2,500 to $5,000. In fact I just bought a 68 Dart GTS in that price range that had been sitting for a long time. Most would say the 68 is a more disirable year.

For me personally I like the hole car being painted the same color including the door jams, engine compartment, and trunk. I like stock wheels, engine compartments interiors and hub caps. A car like this is more desirable to me and I would pay more for it.

A 67 Dart is about 45 years old so sitting in the garage for the last 15 years dosen't mean anything to me unless it was garaged the other 30 years prior.

Still its a great year car that is disirable, just not worth much in todays market. Sitting the last 15 years its going to need brakes, fuel system, tires, and other work. Thats a $1000+ to get it running barring no other serious problems with the car.

Good luck

thanks for all opinions and advice...imade a mistake from the sound of things...he is driving the car now and he bot it after it sat...now its driving...tx to all...j

-
Back