67 Dart tail-light housing question...

-

Troub

67 Dart 270, 225 slant six
Reaction score
Why can't the 68-69 repro metal housings be used on the 67? I'm referring to the sheet metal. I thought the 67-69 lights were the same except for some lens styling so I'm confused on why they list that repro body metal piece as 68-69? My metal in that area isn't in the greatest shape and I would rather have the body guy use a repro price than spending time and money on fabricating that.
Any answers are appreciated!

I'm told the fender openings are slightly smaller. I've never tried this, and "somewhere" I think I've got a pair of 68 lamps

There seems to be a number of things that make 67 "one year only"

The answer is that they are different for each year 67, 68, and 69. I was able to make 69 Dart tail lights work in a 67, but 68's would not. There was some drilling involved with the 67 go 69 tail lights. I have owned more than 50 of each year and and have found out that a lot of sheet metal parts are different.

I'm told the fender openings are slightly smaller. I've never tried this, and "somewhere" I think I've got a pair of 68 lamps

There seems to be a number of things that make 67 "one year only"
The answer is that they are different for each year 67, 68, and 69. I was able to make 69 Dart tail lights work in a 67, but 68's would not. There was some drilling involved with the 67 go 69 tail lights. I have owned more than 50 of each year and and have found out that a lot of sheet metal parts are different.
Thanks to both of you for the info. I guess it would probably take as much time to adapt the 68-69 housing repro pieces as it would to fabricate repair areas so I’ll just let the body guy do his thing.

The previous owner of my Dart converted my 67 to 68 tail lights. I'm not sure what had to be done. It's one of those scabs that I don't want to pick because it might start hemorrhaging dollars.

upload_2019-5-5_8-33-19.png

-
Back