67 dart with 514 and turbo build (BLACK BETTY)

-
I.guess you.do have a point there. But theres still over a 1000 hp going through it regardless.

True but if there is no or only slight resistence it could handle anything to a point for a while. Think of how easy wheels would spin on jackstands. This is a similar idea of tire spin versus load on the clutch and band in the trans. Believe me i asked about going with the mopar trans and every trans guy giggled at the shear mention of it. Followed by the question" are your serious?" Then a pause with the wording uh uh uh well uh it could but not reliably.

I don't agree with this at all. Ive found that they actually hold up quite well. I tore mine apart in the spring following 2013 season and found virtually no wear to the band or clutches. I put it back together and it was completely trouble free all season and a fluid and filter change showed no wear again. I am sure I putting more hp through it than most. 3300 lbs and 138 in the 1/8th.. do the math.

What's done to your's , I'm going to put a steel billet drum and a bolt in sprag in mine

Griner brake, A&A alum drum, Kevlar band, billet accum, coan supersprag, alto red eagle race clutches, billet input. Ive seen many a Cummins diesel over a 1000 hp and 2000 foot pounds. They are the same trans except the OD. They share the same inputs and clutches etc.. Now you take a 1000 hp diesel and lock it up after first gear and those will see more of a beating than these non lock up 727s.

Griner brake, A&A alum drum, Kevlar band, billet accum, coan supersprag, alto red eagle race clutches, billet input. Ive seen many a Cummins diesel over a 1000 hp and 2000 foot pounds. They are the same trans except the OD. They share the same inputs and clutches etc.. Now you take a 1000 hp diesel and lock it up after first gear and those will see more of a beating than these non lock up 727s.

Thanks did you us the drum with the bigger piston or the stock size piston , I have all the other stuff I just need to order my steel billet drum I'm thinking of ordering it from John Cope @ Cope racing

its the standard piston. CRT has some nice stuff. Don't forget the locking dipstick

Got a little done not a lot on the car but I did get the new
-spool
-3.54 gears
-Strange Dana 60 alum. caps
-LRP alum. cover
-Calvert split mono's
-Calvert spring perches
-Smith racing Assassin bars
-Viking double adj. shocks
-Moroso 5/8'' stud's
-Wilwood rear disc. brakes
-Strange 4 wheel disc. brake master cyl.

and I think that's all lol , here's some pix for now of the Dana 60 it came out of a local mud boger that hasen't moved in 5 yrs. we cut all the 4 link brackets off now to get it all ground and cleaned it came with 35 spline strange axle's and wildwood caliper's and strange rotor's.

Got a little more done on the header nothing really to talk about but I figured I would post up some pix

Well I decided to build my own 727 with bullit proof parts not F'ing cheap lol but well worth it in the long run for the car and my safety.

Here's a link to the build http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=303118

And here's a link to the Dana 60 build http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=303185

I haven't posted in this thread in awhile so here's an update of what I got done tonite , well I took the Mallory fuel pump out and mounted the A1000 pump with rubber isolaters and filter hooked up the fuel lines and then moved on to the split mono's and the Caltrac rear spring hanger's we had to machine the polly's that go thru the frame the upper 1s to fit the hole we had to turn them down from 1'' to 7/8'' the spring's already had polly's in the rear and alum in the front.

The dana's gears are all setup and now moving on to the breake caliper mounting brackets.

Here's some pix

And another

I also have been building a new motor for my wife's 65 Polara it's a 514ci 69 block with eagle crank eagle H beam rods Venolia pistons deep pan 605 solid roller 440 source alum stealth heads PRS SS rocker arms intake on the motor now will be replaces with the torker off the motor that in the car now and a 750 holley now keep in mind this is a mild motor for street cruzing and cruz nites only will never be raced at the track next I will go thru the 727 trans and replace the clutch's and put a bolt in srag she should have fun with this one lol here's some pix

OH and I almost forgot the dart is getting a 540ci know with the PT-106mm with Eddy heads should be fun lol

Ya k ow that single a1000 fuel pump isnt gonna be enough. What are you planning in running for fuel??

Pump gas car will only be driven on the street with 5-10# so when I do go to the track which won't be this year and I don't street race so this pump will do for this summer and when I decide to go to the track I will look into my options and get a new pump that will handle the power probably a weldon pump

I.guess you.do have a point there. But theres still over a 1000 hp going through it regardless.
Dude, you just got blown away, talking about your 1000hp ain't going to change that..and if it's not under load, is it actually producing 1000HP ?

Pump gas car will only be driven on the street with 5-10# so when I do go to the track which won't be this year and I don't street race so this pump will do for this summer and when I decide to go to the track I will look into my options and get a new pump that will handle the power probably a weldon pump

Where have i heard this before.....hmmmmm??? Be safe cuz it will only take a quick laps of judgement to mess it up.

Just run the numbers on your fuel requirements and go from there. I've lost count of the cars I've seen that have Holley 150 pumps and run 12's.. :)

Don't mean to steal your thunder but yours wife's Dodge is baddass to the max!!!

I'm hoping for 11's so maybe 2 Holley 150's:glasses7:
lol. why not 3 , anyway just make sure the needle and seats in your carb are large enough to support the fuel flow you need. No point having massive pumps if you can't get the gas into the bowls and not make it a frothy mess at the same time.

Efi to about 14-1500hp with twin 1000s no problem. Carb likely even more.

That's an option

Don't mean to steal your thunder but yours wife's Dodge is baddass to the max!!!

She sez thanks

My friend made 1025 whp on his blow thru bbc with a a1000 so i know tour good to atleast that lol

Good to know if I make anywhere near that I will be happy

lol. why not 3 , anyway just make sure the needle and seats in your carb are large enough to support the fuel flow you need. No point having massive pumps if you can't get the gas into the bowls and not make it a frothy mess at the same time.

Noted :evil3:

-
Back