67' fastback Barracuda

-
Well don't have any new pics on my build but have started the long job of block sanding
I sure hope to have some color on it soon

Well don't have any new pics on my build but have started the long job of block sanding
I sure hope to have some color on it soon

ahh scott, the blocking is where you have the real love affair with your car. you get to know and appreciate every inch of it. and when the paint goes on. you'll know whether you gave it your best or not. "snake skin green"

Snake skin green sounds cool! I already know every inch of this car now I have blocked the whole thing once already and in the process of applying another coat of high build for the next go around. While on the subject of paint would applying epoxy sealer over the high build be compatible? Thanks for checking out my build

Snake skin green sounds cool! I already know every inch of this car now I have blocked the whole thing once already and in the process of applying another coat of high build for the next go around. While on the subject of paint would applying epoxy sealer over the high build be compatible? Thanks for checking out my build

I'm kind of partial to dark green metallic. I like your hood.

Wow Mosley that thing looks sweet! What's the color? I like your hood too:D

here's what i do super build polyester primer first. block that with 180 and discover any flaws you may have missed or maybe something that isn't right. fix those areas. now re prime with 2k urethane primer. block wet sand with 320. by now you should be close to perfect. if there isn't anything that jumps out. bothers you or doesn't feel right your ready for paint. if there is something, fix it. that's the drill. then i epoxy prime it to seal it. but i go one step further and paint the car black. that's right. single stage black, as if that were the final color. why because black shows everything. and what it shows. fix it. and if and when all you see is a straight black car. then block wet sand that with 600 grit. now its ready for what ever color you want. or maybe you like it by now in black. which means your done. or you seal it now and paint it the color you want. but now you have a straight and flawless car.

Thanks for advice that's the process I will use, sounds rock solid. I'm not after a perfect
car but straight.

hey thanks! i have one full blocking done and waiting on better weather to lay another coat of primer to block out round two. lord willing gonna have paint on it this summer

No paint yet but I'm staying busy on it for sure. Got a 69' bee that I'm finishing the interior on so back and forth between them. I sure like you guys posting on my thread ever so often
it keeps me motivated. I'll be shooting one more coat of primer when the humidity drops then a final wet sand then seam seal. Almost there I can see the top of the mountian!

No paint yet but I'm staying busy on it for sure. Got a 69' bee that I'm finishing the interior on so back and forth between them. I sure like you guys posting on my thread ever so often
it keeps me motivated. I'll be shooting one more coat of primer when the humidity drops then a final wet sand then seam seal. Almost there I can see the top of the mountian!

OOW OOOW OOOW! A '69 Bee!!! I love them '69 Bees. Got any pics Scott?

I will snap a few a throw them up here tomorrow

Ok it's been a while since I posted on my build thread. So for the paint color I have narrowed it down to two colors Dark green or the original soft yellow. What do you guys think of the soft yellow?
The two things I like about soft yellow is it is for sure different and it's the color it was born with
and green is just plain badass on a mopar. So what say you guys green or soft yellow?

[
QUOTE="cudascott, post: 1971555709, member: 23960"]Ok it's been a while since I posted on my build thread. So for the paint color I have narrowed it down to two colors Dark green or the original soft yellow. What do you guys think of the soft yellow?
The two things I like about soft yellow is it is for sure different and it's the color it was born with
and green is just plain badass on a mopar. So what say you guys green or soft yellow?[/QUOTE]

I'm partial to Dark Green:
Body and Paint 80.JPG

It was "soft yellow" when they where blocking the car:
P82A04121.jpg

Wow Mosley! She's a beauty the green is sweet

[
QUOTE="cudascott, post: 1971555709, member: 23960"]Ok it's been a while since I posted on my build thread. So for the paint color I have narrowed it down to two colors Dark green or the original soft yellow. What do you guys think of the soft yellow?
and green is just plain badass on a mopar. So what say you guys green or soft yellow?

I'm partial to Dark Green:
View attachment 1715016279

It was "soft yellow" when they where blocking the car:
View attachment 1715016287[/QUOTE]
What spoiler did you use on your 68 barracuda. Looks really nice. I would like to put one on my 67 fish.

What spoiler did you use on your 68 barracuda. Looks really nice. I would like to put one on my 67 fish.
no !! not yellow !![/QUOTE[
Haha! After seeing Mosley's mean green
68' I'm gonna go green!

Scott my 69 vert was originally dark green with black interior. I didnt want the dark green (black interior=any ext color).
Seeing Mosleys car sold me on the orig green with some pop.
Now dads 67 is the original color...same as yours ZZ1. I love it too!
Keep up the good work!

20161119_121332.jpg

-
Back