67 formula S coupe "resto"

-

Shaker

Reaction score
This poor girl has had a rough life. I was my fathers and was wrecked when I was 4 and sat for 30 years in the same spot till I got her home last week. I made a trade with a local body shop and she is in there now getting some well deserved treatment. front left frame rail straightened, front "structure" straightened, fender cancer repaired, both lower rear quarters repaired, and a small cancer hole on the right rear drip rail repaired.
486533_502994393060567_1817844034_n.jpg

Yeah the rest of the body looks good! Any current pics from the shop? What motor/trans combo is in her? ................Glad to see your saving it and keeping it in the family.
Do you have any pics of her from back when your dad was driving in the good old days????

Oh forgot...............LOVE THE COUPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has only been in the shop a week but I am going to see her this Wed. Un fortunately due to 2 fires there arent any pics from her past. She has the hp 273 and 904. I intend to keep that all as was but am going with 2 1/2 inch dual exhaust and glass packs, recurve the rear springs to rid her of the 9 inch shackles, and a set of chrome reverses and baby moons. The wife wants a cd player but we are gonna just have to jam to the AM!!

Got news from the body shop!!!! They have gotten the frame straightened and are almost done making the rear quarter sections!!!! I am going down Tuesday to take pics and see her.

Shaker!!

Good luck with your project. I have been looking for an S for a few years now and they are hard to find. That 273 is going to be SWEET!

Attachments

• 1967Barracuda007.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 623
Good luck with the build!

Heres hoping everything turns out good,be nice to see it cruising again!:thumbup:

Congrats on your build. Many would sell her for parts. It's pretty amazing what a good frame machine tech can do. I have a new found passion for "notchbacks"
since our very own Cudaspaz posted his first photos of his build. I now have a friend that is putting together a 68 Notch. They are cool cars. Take lots of pics and post them here. We love pics. I am also a fan of the small but mighty 273. It's a high spirited little motor and a lot of fun to drive. Have fun and keep us posted on your progress. tmm

Great pics and it's great that the shop is able to help you resurrect this baby.

I have a fastback, but love the coupes. My first exposure to one was a friend back in the day who was a chevy guy, and bought a new 68 340 4spd coupe on a whim. Though he was buying a 440. Came to show it off and I was raving about what a great engine the 340 was. He went ballistic, but soon became a believer when he started winning at the strip. You have a cool car there. Love to see it when I am visiting Hampton.

I am hoping she will be outa the shop next week they are talking like it will be sooner than they thought cause things werent as bad as they thought! Now just gotta sell the bmw to pay for the interior to be redone. LOL!

Updates!!!! She came back from the frame shop after two weeks of nightmares. The frame shop had to get a special adapter to "get her perfect" (as the owner put it).

548519_523284534364886_34570048_n.jpg
523744_523284644364875_1469995791_n.jpg
550574_523284687698204_906841802_n.jpg
196513_523284721031534_8280706_n.jpg
543436_523284771031529_932558572_n.jpg
264042_523284791031527_1521294932_n.jpg

Are those bucket seats and rocker mouldings original ?

Glad to see more progress being made. For the interior, I would go with Legendary, check their website out. I spoke to them a few times on the phone and are nice guys with great product.

The bucket seats are not the originals but I do have the correct ones. I have already spoken with Legendary (have the catalog as well) as they are the only company that offers ModTop. I was toying with going mod top on this girl even though it wasnt offered on the Barracuda till 69.

The buckets are similar to the originals and I suspect they are the same frame. I will find out when I recover them for my valiant.

Yes they did!! The guy that did it used to work for Ferrari and let me tell you he is GOOD! I have watched him work on other cars and most of them I would have scrapped due to damage and he either straightened them with such ease one would assume they were fabric or hand crafted a new panel. He is a true artist!

-
Back