67 Hemi Dart Progress

-
Got the k frame back from the shop... All I have to say is WoW!

Before:

IMG950110.jpg

IMG951323.jpg

IMG954995.jpg

Wow that looks great, what did they charge you?

If you don't mind me asking. :)

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Heck... I had about 50 bucks into steel brushes and cleaners... I wish I would have thought about having a machine shop clean it before I bought everything.

I bought a PEAK dash and had it powder coated black. I think it came out very nice. It was a little dusty when I took the photo.

Got some welds done on the k frame. Going to put a few plates and box in a few areas.

Keep the pics coming, I plan to reinforce my k-frame so a little tutorial would be great.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

No kidding...I have a k-frame, the plates and a welder...But knowing what to do without screwing it up would be nice. Do you need a jig for the k-frame or anything?

Getting the project going again.

Got the rear end out

Fixed the shock hangers
before

After

Suggest check real close for any cracks. I found several on my K frame

Got any photos of the cracks? Also, when you repaired the crack did you drill a hole at the end of the crack to relieve the stress?

Thanks for the heads up regarding the cracks.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Got any photos of the cracks? Also, when you repaired the crack did you drill a hole at the end of the crack to relieve the stress?

Thanks for the heads up regarding the cracks.

Regards,

Joe Dokes
Hi Joe

I looked in my files but doesn't look like I took any photos of the cracks. (This was on my Superbird K frame) I ground out the welds where I saw the cracks and had them rewelded. Plus I ground out some other welds where there were no cracks visible, but the welds were poor quality. Most K frames I've seen have very poor factory welds!!!
Jim

I thought the cracks were in the stamping themselves, not in the welds. In my opinion cracks in the welds are an easier repair. Sounds like you fixed it appropriately.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Well... It's been a while and the car has sat for a lot longer than I wanted, however we have started back up on the project!

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

Any pictures of the spool type adapter mounts for the Hemi? I just got an early 5.7 out if an 04 truck and thinking about putting it in my beater 4 speed 70 Swinger. The car already has a spool mount V8 k-frame that replaced the original /6 unit. I need to find a pair of eagle heads and intake for my build.

20170517_125443.jpg

Any pictures of the spool type adapter mounts for the Hemi? I just got an early 5.7 out if an 04 truck and thinking about putting it in my beater 4 speed 70 Swinger. The car already has a spool mount V8 k-frame that replaced the original /6 unit. I need to find a pair of eagle heads and intake for my build.

View attachment 1715051435

I'll get you some pictures on Monday!

I guess I never shared this video. This is one of the best runs this motor has done. 12.25sec 1/4mile..... In a fully trimmed Crew Cab Ram with a Curb weight close to 5500lbs.

I have some more progress to share!!

Got all the brake lines in, 4 wheel disk. Also the offset master cylinder

POR15 the entire floor(just as a precaution) only had to replace the pass. side floor pan.

Painted the roll bar black.

Cleaned and sealed the engine bay with a silver color.

-
Back