67 to 68 Dart tail light retrofit...

-
epoxy is what i used to put them back together.. to cut them i used a small cut off wheel it was pretty simple.. time consuming yes..

epoxy is what i used to put them back together.. to cut them i used a small cut off wheel it was pretty simple.. time consuming yes..

Well i might give that a shot.... luckily enough i happen to have a spare slightly damaged housing to practice on.

Thanks again all i appreciate all the suggestions if i geter done ill post a pic of the finished product. I really don't want to butcher the body panels so the the tail light bucket will be the sacrificial lamb.

PS: rmazess........ Will you tell the Mrs i said thanks too. :)

Just the bumper lights now. I'm going with 68 AMD bumpers as soon as my budget allows.

Gotcha...In these parts if its equipped it must work so in my case ill have to use all 4 until i do a bumper swap.
Lets see...... 2 feet of wire or a $200 ticket. GET THE WIRE!

Ok i had a real close look at 2 lights and the body panel cavity where the actual bucket goes in. There are a few issues making these fit.. lets see if i can explain the issues and may jog you memory a lil more RMAZESS.

1. The distance from the surface where the 68 BEZEL mounts to the bucket and the stud surface area that mounts the bucket to the body make the 68 bucket too tall or stick out too far from the body. So cutting the back of would not help in that area. So somehow the front of the bucket needed to be shortened as well. Although the back needs to be reworked too.

2. The 67 bucket curved area in the back where the bulbs plug in are 5x5 square the 68 is 5 x 5 3/8 so there will be cutting there too.

3. Lastly the bucket to body mounting studs side to side are correct but vertically they are roughly 1/2" taller on the 68.

So do you remember if you might have shortened the bucket vertically to get the bucket to body studs to line up and how you might have shortened up the front area. The problem there is you have to retain the very outer edge dimension as thats what the lens and bezel attach to.

Keeping in mind i'm trying not to butcher the body panels

PS : if you nee pics and or would rather PM let me know Thanks

-
Back