'67 to '68 K-FRAME Swap (Barracuda)

-

cactuscarl

Reaction score
[REPOST FROM WRONG FORUM...SORRY]

I'm going to be swapping my '67 K-Frame with a '68 and wanted to know
what else I should change besides the idler arm.

Would I be able to use the rest of my suspension parts on the '68 k-frame?

What about my power steering? Do I need to change anything on that?

Thanks,
Jeff

I did this last year. everything swaps right over except the idler arm....HOWEVER, if your suspension system (bushings and all) is questionable, now is a PERFECT time to rebuild it all. That's what I did

green67cuda: Just so happens I'll be doing the rebuild when I do the swap! BTW, I LOVE the green! Have you considered a stripe down the middle? That's what I'm gonna do...

klrfish1968: tie rods too? Really? Should they be from a '68???

i never thought about a stripe.....
i like solid colors....except where there is a contour change....like some 70s F-150s are nice in 2 tone....but i'm not a big fan of racing stripes and such...it really depends on the car, and i think mine would be a poor car to put any kind of stripe on......

as far as tie rods....i am not sure what klrfish means, but if you are ONLY changing the K-frame, then whatever you have, except the idler arm, will swap right over.....
i changed from a 67 K-member with a late a-body setup to a 69 frame (same as 68) with the same components, except the new idler arm....

I am planning on the 69 lower body stripe and a 70 Road Runner'ish looking strip on the hood on mine. Now that the engine swap is complete I have to install new Kitchen Cabinets (wife tarriff for the new motor) then I can think about the stripe.

68Barracuda#1.jpg

Dang, the more I see these green 'cudas, the more I think about painting mine that color. Presently mine is white with red interior. My original plan is gold ext. w/black stripe, and white int..

dgc333: what size wheels and tires do you have on your fish? They look really nice in that photo. I like the way they fill the wheel wells.

green67cuda: thanks for the info!

-
Back