68-69 B body info needed...

-
You should join FBBO site, great group of people over there like here.
I joined there with my latest "B" body...… B250 Van :D But... I forgot my password so now I can't log in... LOL
I just don't see myself going there enough. I really don't have any questions to ask. I know a lot of people on this form have B bodies... If by some miracle I'm able to get my hands on a shell that will be the long game LOL it ain't going to be burning up the quarter mile in the next couple years...

I just don't see myself going there enough. I really don't have any questions to ask. I know a lot of people on this form have B bodies... If by some miracle I'm able to get my hands on a shell that will be the long game LOL it ain't going to be burning up the quarter mile in the next couple years...
I recognized a lot of the folks from here there too... Like you said, many here have B bodies as well. My last B body car was a '65 Belvedere. Liked that style too.... but '68-70 for sure are my favorites. And everyone else's, so big $$$$ for anything decent

I recognized a lot of the folks from here there too... Like you said, many here have B bodies as well. My last B body car was a '65 Belvedere. Liked that style too.... but '68-70 for sure are my favorites. And everyone else's, so big $$$$ for anything decent
I like the 68 69 tail lights and that's where I want to stay.. preferably a 68 with 69 tail lights... I prefer the non post but I hear the post is more desirable...

I like the 68 69 tail lights and that's where I want to stay.. preferably a 68 with 69 tail lights... I prefer the non post but I hear the post is more desirable...
'68 satellite or GTX among my all time favorites. Love the tailights. Also, I rode all over in my sisters '68 satellite and by brothers '68 GTX. Just love 'em. '68-70 Chargers too.... Coronets kind of take a back seat to those I just listed. I had a '7 Coronet 2 door hardtop too.

'68 satellite or GTX among my all time favorites. Love the tailights. Also, I rode all over in my sisters '68 satellite and by brothers '68 GTX. Just love 'em. '68-70 Chargers too.... Coronets kind of take a back seat to those I just listed. I had a '7 Coronet 2 door hardtop too.
Well I'm getting on in years and not that I'm getting too old for anything but I don't want to wait till I am and not have the time for the long game car.. I'd like to get something to start with and try to get everybody together within the next few years.. in the meantime have the duster to enjoy and get some of my money out of it that way. Then eventually if I can get the b body to a point, I would probably start thinking about selling duster in large parts like the body separate from the engine and transmission... with this long game idea in mind I probably won't end up painting the car and making it worth enough to sell whole...

Well I'm getting on in years and not that I'm getting too old for anything but I don't want to wait till I am and not have the time for the long game car.. I'd like to get something to start with and try to get everybody together within the next few years.. in the meantime have the duster to enjoy and get some of my money out of it that way. Then eventually if I can get the b body to a point, I would probably start thinking about selling duster in large parts like the body separate from the engine and transmission... with this long game idea in mind I probably won't end up painting the car and making it worth enough to sell whole...
Crazy as this sounds, and for whatever reason I like my B-bodies in patina anymore...
d6abe7b4cb53ad2bec8be55b3c1b5f7d.jpg

I am a member of FCBO, FBBO, LIncoln vs. Cadillac.

This is the best site by far, and a lot of the names you see over there are members here too.

1969 Tail Lights
Hard Top (non post car)
Like you asked . . .

Always liked the extra trim package on the Satellites, just makes them look more classy.

Resized_20180802_195059.jpeg

Got to say one thing about the B Bodies, they are "Big" cars. Driving them around, parking them, storing them . . they are big.

There are lots of nice A Bodies, like your Duster body style that are very unique to themselves. Always liked how the Duster bodies flare out at the rear, and large factory rear wheel openings. Given the right stance and tire wheel combinations, hard to beat that right there.

Nice car and I do like those a lot, but this is the dream car this is the one that I've always wanted and it's a 68 or 69.. or nothing..
For sure I’ve only got room for one more mopar and it’s a 68-9 superbee/coronet or 70 roadrunner my dream car. I’ll keep my eyes open for you down south here.

For sure I’ve only got room for one more mopar and it’s a 68-9 superbee/coronet or 70 roadrunner my dream car. I’ll keep my eyes open for you down south here.
I appreciate it I'm not looking for something I can drive home just a project that can get started on something that has a title...

It was the mid-to-late 70s and I don't even think we were teenagers yet and my best friend had a neighbor a couple of doors down that was working on a 68 or 69 roadrunner... Some older hippie dude and he was building it back behind his house and we can hear it revving up from time to time but we didn't see it.. then one day it was just together enough that it was running but didn't even have a back seat in it.. we seen it doing a couple burn offs out front and thought holy cow! Then one day he asked three of us if we wanted to ride and he had somebody else up front. remember the three of us hunkering down in the back seat area where there was no seat lol and turning a couple blocks away onto a one-way street with two lanes and he floored it! Holy smokes that thing took off like a bat out of hell and was roasting the tires sideways and then he bangs 2nd gear and it started roasting the tires sideways the other way and we must have been doing 90 to a hundred miles an hour where we should have been doing 25 LOL brought us around back home and that's the story that keeps ringing in my head...
Later on as the years passed I would periodically see the car around town and now I want my own...

It was the mid-to-late 70s and I don't even think we were teenagers yet and my best friend had a neighbor a couple of doors down that was working on a 68 or 69 roadrunner... Some older hippie dude and he was building it back behind his house and we can hear it revving up from time to time but we didn't see it.. then one day it was just together enough that it was running but didn't even have a back seat in it.. we seen it doing a couple burn offs out front and thought holy cow! Then one day he asked three of us if we wanted to ride and he had somebody else up front. remember the three of us hunkering down in the back seat area where there was no seat lol and turning a couple blocks away onto a one-way street with two lanes and he floored it! Holy smokes that thing took off like a bat out of hell and was roasting the tires sideways and then he bangs 2nd gear and it started roasting the tires sideways the other way and we must have been doing 90 to a hundred miles an hour where we should have been doing 25 LOL brought us around back home and that's the story that keeps ringing in my head...
Later on as the years passed I would periodically see the car around town and now I want my own...
Man, now you got me reminiscing the "good ole days". Below is a picture of my brother's GTX - wow would that car run! And the other is my sister by her '68 Satellite when her and I were pushing our mother's prayers fly'n around the Black Hills in S.D. That satellite, for whatever reason, said "hit me" on it as it just repeatedly got hit and dented.

DSCN2871.JPG

DSCN2872.JPG

I have always loved the 68-70 B body and back in the 80's and 90's had many, lots ly 69s. Seems like I would find 5 69s for every 68 and seems like fewer 70's . Moher Mpar builtwhat? 950000 69 RR and maybe 40000 68's?? The 68 like said, has a build sequence number, and NO vin# like the 69 on engine/trans BUT I have seen on # s 68 cars a BSN on the top rear of a BB engine Don' t know if on all months built in 68 or not had this. Few # s cars even back 30 years ago. I remember having couple # 68's.
I got spoiled back in the nineties when I could find a complete 68-70B body builder for $1000-1500. Sure even back then 95% of those Mssouri cars needed quarters or patches, lot so f int and trunk floors, maybe some rust around window some where. There would usually sit a 383 not but the original engine or trans.
Bought a 69 RR hemi roller for $600 but it even had the frame rails rusted out!!!!! Never seen one that bad and it as a sw Mo car all its life> it had all the tags and was a real car.
Then bout late 90's it got to where people wanted $3500 for junk and I quite them. Now thy want $5000 for junk!!!!!! If I got on the phone networking all my oldMopar buds, 200 phone calls later, and be willing to travel 1000mi, I am sure I could find a "decent" builder for $4-5000 and a "needs it all" for $3000, and a decent runnner for $7-10000!! But...............................
Still love those cars. Give me a 69 post 383 4speed 3:55 it can be F8 and I will still love it like a child!!
Give er heck J par !!

I have always loved the 68-70 B body and back in the 80's and 90's had many, lots ly 69s. Seems like I would find 5 69s for every 68 and seems like fewer 70's . Moher Mpar builtwhat? 950000 69 RR and maybe 40000 68's?? The 68 like said, has a build sequence number, and NO vin# like the 69 on engine/trans BUT I have seen on # s 68 cars a BSN on the top rear of a BB engine Don' t know if on all months built in 68 or not had this. Few # s cars even back 30 years ago. I remember having couple # 68's.
I got spoiled back in the nineties when I could find a complete 68-70B body builder for $1000-1500. Sure even back then 95% of those Mssouri cars needed quarters or patches, lot so f int and trunk floors, maybe some rust around window some where. There would usually sit a 383 not but the original engine or trans.
Bought a 69 RR hemi roller for $600 but it even had the frame rails rusted out!!!!! Never seen one that bad and it as a sw Mo car all its life> it had all the tags and was a real car.
Then bout late 90's it got to where people wanted $3500 for junk and I quite them. Now thy want $5000 for junk!!!!!! If I got on the phone networking all my oldMopar buds, 200 phone calls later, and be willing to travel 1000mi, I am sure I could find a "decent" builder for $4-5000 and a "needs it all" for $3000, and a decent runnner for $7-10000!! But...............................
Still love those cars. Give me a 69 post 383 4speed 3:55 it can be F8 and I will still love it like a child!!
Give er heck J par !!
Well get on the phone and give er heck!..

^^^ Like YOU said YOU need to get this B body car that you lust for before you get too old (like ME!) lol
I admit I have thought of selling off a few to get up maybe $8-10,0000 and go get a good 68-9 B body project car, yes a GOOD one!!!! But at my age I really don't want to have $15000-20,000--- in a pretty much done car! Too expensive for me to try to justify!!!
Tx is NOT the kind of Mopar area that SW Missouri was. Too big and too scattered. I did spot a couple of "candidates" last week here close. I will have to try to meet the guy and feel him out! Only the 4th time I have found anything fairly close here!! I bet it will be a "not for sale, goona fix em up one day" deal!!!!! lol

^^^ Like YOU said YOU need to get this B body car that you lust for before you get too old (like ME!) lol
I admit I have thought os selling off a few toget up maybe $8-10,0000 and go get a good project car, yes a GOOD one!!!! But at my age I really don't want to have $15000-20,000--- in a pretty much done car! Too expensive for me to try to justify!!!
Tx is NOT the kind of Mopar area that SW Missouri was. Too big and too scatered. I did spot a coupl
Well it's old time Mopar guys like yourself that I have been calling around locally that like you said if you made enough calls you could probably find something so do I have to start a help needed thread?.. or maybe you could you pick your top 5 best sources you can think of and give a call for an old Mopar buddy...

Hey!! I can have thee best Mpar in the world sitting right here in Tx for heap, and ALL I ill here is :
1. great car great price, wish I was CLOSER wish I did not have so many projects, wish I had $1000, wish the wife, wish my gargage!!! YOU know the deal
' I find car, you buy it and pay me 10% commission, like my horse deals!!!!!!! Now don't do like my good Mpar bud that called back in 1999 and wanted ME to find a buyer for his older restored 67 Hemi GTX. One day, later I have it sld, he has his full price, and wanted to pay me in used PARTS!!!!!!!!!!! lol hahahahahahahahahahahahah

I've had a few B body cars over the years. I restored this numbers 68 RR 383 4spd car. High optioned car. Disc brks, am/fm, rear def.,Tach, High line interior. Sold it a few years back. Have a 65 Belvedere now, was /6 but came with 440 A/T in it. Gonna make an A990 clone of it. Also have a numbers 68 GTS big block and a numbers 70 Cuda 383 4spd...Most of the alphabet....LOL....
006.JPG
011.JPG

Hey!! I can have thee best Mpar in the world sitting right here in Tx for heap, and ALL I ill here is :
1. great car great price, wish I was CLOSER wish I did not have so many projects, wish I had $1000, wish the wife, wish my gargage!!! YOU know the deal
' I find car, you buy it and pay me 10% commission, like my horse deals!!!!!!! Now don't do like my good Mpar bud that called back in 1999 and wanted ME to find a buyer for his older restored 67 Hemi GTX. One day, later I have it sld, he has his full price, and wanted to pay me in used PARTS!!!!!!!!!!! lol hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Toke.gif

-
Back