68/69 dodge dart gt

-
ive been meaning to ask you, what shade of blue is that on your dart?

i REALLY like it

B5 blue... and thank you.. B5 is probably my favorite Mopar color.. My Dart was originally B3 blue, Im not all that fond of that shade though...

So... Since I got home from work, I have been trying to find any proof that there were in fact 69 340 Swingers made with bucket seats... of course I havent found any pics, but I did find the 'extra-cost option list that was included in the paper work for the 340 Swinger.. buckets, and the console are both listed.. So maybe there were? lol... I feel like im on a quest of some kind LMAO

I am not sure that it means they were available for the 340 swinger. First there is no option code listed. Second it says optional Conv, Std. GT & GTS. I have looked since reading earlier and can find no evidence either way.
~Michael

i love it......this is great historical research ....even i been trying to do more homework on this LOL ......you guys are awesome and we are all learning together:glasses7:

Well I personally can not for sure prove they made a 340 Swinger in 69 with bucket seats.. however I also cant claim they dont exist.. It would all depend on whether or not you were able to order a 4 speed with a console... if you got the console you had to have buckets... So now.. I am kinda curious.. Anyone? could you order a 4 speed with a console in a 340 Swinger in 69? I know you could with the lesser Dart GT in 69.. I have a friend that has 69 GT, 273, 4 speed with a console and buckets.. It just made sense to me if you could order that combo in a GT you would be able to in a Swinger 340... lol... Oh, and it should also be noted that the 69 Swinger 340 came with carpet standard if you got the 4 speed.. Carpet was optional with the 727 automatic...

right there is a problem........chrysler used price classes on all product lines and that format remained constant .....L, M, H, P, S was the format and this is the second letter on your VIN number

L= low (base swinger)
M=Medium (swinger 340)
H=High (custom)
P=Premium (GT)
S= Special (GTS)

so to say a GT was lesser than a swinger 340 as far as trim and price class that is not true.....the base price of the GT was much higher bcoz of it "standard options" which in the case would be "convenience options" Buckets came standard with GT so were light packages ....ornate steering wheel, Dual horns and the like.

to say a GT is lesser from a performance point of view .....absolutely GT came with non-performance engines, hence why i said earlier that a GT convertible was a good parade car.......Pretty......very Fast.....not likely.

right there is a problem........chrysler used price classes on all product lines and that format remained constant .....L, M, H, P, S was the format and this is the second letter on your VIN number

L= low (base swinger)
M=Medium (swinger 340)
H=High (custom)
P=Premium (GT)
S= Special (GTS)

so to say a GT was lesser than a swinger 340 as far as trim and price class that is not true.....the base price of the GT was much higher bcoz of it "standard options" which in the case would be "convenience options" Buckets came standard with GT so were light packages ....ornate steering wheel, Dual horns and the like.

to say a GT is lesser from a performance point of view .....absolutely GT came with non-performance engines, hence why i said earlier that a GT convertible was a good parade car.......Pretty......very Fast.....not likely.

my bad lol

I am not sure that it means they were available for the 340 swinger. First there is no option code listed. Second it says optional Conv, Std. GT & GTS. I have looked since reading earlier and can find no evidence either way.
~Michael

yea I noticed the no option code listed as well.. yet theres a price there.. and theres definitly a code listed for the console.. So how does that work? I mean if you orded the console, you had to have buckets LOL

yea I noticed the no option code listed as well.. yet theres a price there.. and theres definitly a code listed for the console.. So how does that work? I mean if you orded the console, you had to have buckets LOL

it is confusing. you obviously had to get buckets with a console. i also think 69 was the last year you could get a console with a 4 speed in the A body

So I brought this whole thing of the 69 340 Swinger Dart, having or not having bucket seats at the garage tonight.. lol.. Most curiously the fact that there is no option code on the extra options sheet for the buckets, yet there is a price.. combined with the fact that there is an option code listed for the console.. our interpretation of this is that you couldnt just get buckets.. you had to order the console (so the buckets were then part of a package) .. which would be a great way for Ma Mopar to make a few extra dollars.. this way they get the money for the console and the buckets both LOL .. The overall opinion though was that if it was on the option sheet, then certianly SOMEONE must've ordered a 340 Swinger in 69 with a console and buckets.. my quest for absolute proof continues LOL

69 Dart GT with factory 273, car has buckets, no console, column shift auto.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Image3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 234
isnt 68 the only year with round side marker lenses? and in 69 mopar went to square ones? right right?

So.. my question still remains.. lol.. I knew the GT's and GTS's had (or could be had) with buckets.. but.. does anyone have any knowledge of a 69 340 Swinger, with buckets.. If the console was an option (and clearly it was) then it had to get buckets.. yet, I can find no pictures of one... so... lets find a way to put this question to bed LOL...

Holy cow!!! i cant believe how much info is on this thread. I was wondering why i didn't get an email which i will double check my settings later. I plan to buy one in the near future i love the style but i like having cars that are more rare then just a plan one. Of course this is said but also needs to be in my budget.

Thanks guys for all the help and please keep adding if possible!!! Such a great bunch of knowledge!!

L= low (base swinger)
M=Medium (swinger 340)
H=High (custom)
P=Premium (GT)
S= Special (GTS)

Absolutely, that 273 Dart GT came with factory air, but a relatively weak 273 2 BBL (190 HP), I am not even sure there was an air option on the Swinger 340 models. It was a cheap "go fast" car, but still a thing of beauty no doubt. Perhaps cheaper back in the day, but bringing higher dollars now, more collectable.

I paid $2818.00 Can. for a new 69 swinger 340, in Dec 68,, was registered as 69, square sidelites, no headrests.. good camshaft.. that's the car in the side pic, and I'm in the prcess of restoring it now..

I paid $2818.00 Can. for a new 69 swinger 340, in Dec 68,, was registered as 69, square sidelites, no headrests.. good camshaft.. that's the car in the side pic, and I'm in the prcess of restoring it now..

Did it come with buckets inertia?

Disregard looked at your pics bench seat, love the sweater though :)

No it didn't, blk bench, but I was just outta high school, starting my apprenticeship,, and I'm pretty sure a customer named Alfie Poon of Victoria B.C. had a green Swinger, 340 4spd, blk vinyl top, black stripe, and I kinda think it had black interior with buckets, and console,, but we were a HiPerf mopar shop,, and they kinda all blur together..

7F42B91E-3A7A-400B-BAC9-9C8D725930BB.jpeg

-
Back